~CHAPTER EIGHT~

"-I didn't think he'd ask her out THIS early in your relationship, but I'm not disappointed!" Dai's mom, Mrs. Quinn or Momma Q as she preferred to be called, said from the speaker of my phone. Dai had let it slip (as she would put it. I would have said more like bragged all over every social media that she owned and even downloaded a few more so she could brag even more) that I was going on a date with the Viktor Nikiforov and Momma Q called right away to see if Dai was telling the truth.

~Earlier that morning~

"You told your mom??" I whisper and hold my hand over the speaker so Dai's mom wouldn't hear me. Dai's mom was always more interested in living vicariously through my life than Dai's because I was 'Such the good student' and 'Oh so pretty, unlike my pitiful daughter. Don't tell her I said that...'

"No!" Dai whispers back and her mom starts talking and I uncover the speaker.

"I always knew that you would make your way in this world." Momma Q says matter-of-factly and I can tell she is pacing in front of her fireplace in a far too sexy dress for a mother of 3 adults to even think of wearing, with her finger waving in the air and a smirk on her face. Of course, her mostly blond hair (that had the occasional gray hair ) would be up in a tight bun and she would have a steaming cup of Earl Gray tea near by.

 Of course, her mostly blond hair (that had the occasional gray hair ) would be up in a tight bun and she would have a steaming cup of Earl Gray tea near by

{A/N Yes, that is Meryl Streep...She fits the role...You'll see...}

"Uh thanks, Momma Q." I hesitate and Dai runs to my closet to pick out my outfit and I walk over to help her. She might be my best friend, but she doesn't understand my need to be comfortable.

"How about this?" Dai holds up a pink dress that she had made me buy on one of our many, many, MANY shopping trips.

"No, that's too formal, I don't know where we're going to eat so I don't want to over dress!" I whisper yell at Dai

"No, that's too formal, I don't know where we're going to eat so I don't want to over dress!" I whisper yell at Dai. She shrugs her shoulders and puts it back in the closet.

"Oh, are you girls picking out her outfit?" I put Dai's mom on speaker and set my phone on top of my dresser and elbow Dai out of my closet.

"Yes, we are Mom," Dai says and tries to kick nudge me back out, but I shove her lovingly back and she falls onto my bed.