~CHAPTER ONE~

~August 1st~

I glide into a Salchow and continue my simple dance on the shining ice. I feel alive and at home on the ice. When I stand in my finishing position I take a deep breath as the tiredness catches up with me. I sit down on a bench and take off the skates my parents had gotten me for my birthday.

My friend and boss Yuko Nisigori, allows me to stay late at Ice Castle Hasetsu to practice as long as I close up afterward. Yuuri Katsuki and I used to practice together late at night because we both shared a fear of performing in front of others. We found that we worked well together. Yuko would join us when she wasn't looking after her three girls.

I miss Yuuri. I had never had romantic feelings towards him and I don't think he felt that way towards me either, I just miss skating with him. He was one of my only friends, But I was fine with that. He didn't do his best this season so he's coming home. It'll be good to see him again.

In the locker room, I change into a simple long sleeved gray sweater and black leggings. I put on my favorite pair of fuzzy socks and boots.

"Goodnight, Yuko!" This was one of the rare occasions when I left before her. She waves to me and I walk home.

I open the door and see my puppy that I had named Aiko.

"Hey Girl." I pick her up and carry her to the kitchen where I set her down and fill her food and water bowls. My apartment wasn't very big, but it was only Aiko and me so it worked. I had a bedroom for me, a full bath, laundry room, kitchen/dining room/living room all in one, and a small room that I called the guest bedroom even though it was just big enough to fit a bed.

Aiko follows me to my room and I flop onto my bed. "Ready for bed?" She barks to let me know she wants on the bed too and I pick her up. "I'm guessing that's a yes."

~

I wake to my phone ringing. I rub my eyes accidentally waking Aiko in the process. She gives me a tired look and walks to the other side of the bed to sleep again.

I pick up my phone and see that Dai, my best friend since I was 7, had called me 4 times, texted me 30 times, and had sent me a video.

"For heaven's sake, Dai! It's 3 in the morning!" I say when she picks up.

"SO? DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO?!?!" She yells excitedly and I hold my phone a little bit away from my ear.

"No, What happened?!?" She hangs up and I roll my eyes. I look at the video and recognize Yuuri. He's at Ice Castle Hasetsu.

"He's back already." I notice the way he is standing and I smile. "That's Viktor's opening..." I press play and watch my dear friend perform Viktor Nikiforov's program beautifully.

After the video is finished I call Dai back and am greeted by a high pitched squeal and a ringing in my ear. Again I move the phone away from my ear.

"OHHHHHH MUH GOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!! Y/N DID YOU SEE THAT LUTZ?! IT. WAS. FLAWLESS!!!!" When Dai was in the first grade she acquired an obsession with Yuuri and hasn't given it up. I never understood it. yes, Yuuri is handsome, But why stalk him? He will only end up resenting you for it.

"It was beautiful! Just like Viktor Nikiforov!" I say tiredly. This meant that Yuuri wasn't retiring. He had so much potential and skill I would be very disappointed if he did retire.

"OH AND THE WAY HE MOVED HIS ARMS!!!! I'M GOING TO DIE!" I laugh. She is ridiculous. "I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN!!!" She sighs. "I wonder if he remembers me. Maybe he'll like me better now? Y/N what we start hanging out? What if he asks me out on a date!"

"Maybe he will! You're a catch." I say encouragingly. It's a bit mean for me to encourage her, but what else was I supposed to say? You're going to die single and be eaten by your cats! No thanks, I'm not that mean and I don't think that's true at all...She does have a boyfriend after all...He's just as crazy as her and I wouldn't want her to marry him in a million years, but she does have hope!

~

Word count: 767

~Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!~