~CHAPTER THREE~

~August 3rd~

My phone rings and I rub my eyes. I clear my throat and answer it.

"Hey, you ditched me!" I look at my clock. Every morning at 9 I have breakfast with Dai...it was 9:55.

"Crap, I'm gonna be late for work!" I yell and jump out of bed and trip over my blanket that I had thrown on my floor. Dai says something, but I don't hear.

"Sorry! I gotta go! Meet you for dinner at...your turn to pick!" I hang up and run towards my closet. I hurriedly get dressed. Aiko barks at me from my bed and then runs out the door probably to the kitchen where she would be waiting for me to feed her.

I run to the bathroom and brush my teeth and hair then run to the kitchen and trip over a stool that I had bought at a garage sale when I first moved in my apartment.

I make myself a piece of toast and feed Aiko before running back upstairs to grab my phone.

( Dai ) Meet me at the diner...you're payin!

She's the boss.

"Have a good day, Girl!" I pat Aiko on the head and stuff the rest of my toast in my mouth.

Ella, an old friend of mine who walks dogs, looks after Aiko for me during the day. She's usually picked up after I leave for work and get's back before I come home at night. It get's Aiko out of the house and meeting friends and leaves me with a clean house! The first time I tried leaving Aiko alone at the house was also the last time I left Aiko alone at the house.

I run out the door and off to work. Half way there I run back and unlock the door and grab my purse. I lock the door again and make my way to work again.

When I arrive I see a crowd of people standing at the door. I stand on my toes to try and see the big deal was, but I couldn't see past the giant bald man in a black suit and black sunglasses standing in front of me.

I walk around to the side door and unlock it with my key.

"Hey, Yuko what's going on?" I ask my Yuko Nishigori who was sitting on the counter.

"Good morning, Y/N," She slides off the counter and stands in front of me. "Haven't you heard from Dai?" She laughs and shakes her head. "Everyone thinks Viktor Nikiforov's here!" I laugh with her for a second then look out the window at all the people.

"So...he isn't?" Yoko shakes her head and I walk to the locker room to get my skates.

~

"So...was he there?" Dai asks as soon as I walk in the door of the B&T Diner. "Tell me he was there!" She rocks on her heals and I shake my head. She stops and looks down.

"Oh," She walks to 'our booth' and sits down looking like her dog had just died...which I happened last year so I know what it looks like.

"Who wants to meet Viktor Nikiforov anyway? He's probably a jerk." Dai looks up at me and laughs.

"How could someone THAT gorgeous be a jerk?" She laughs and turns to our waitress, Payton a 17-year-old girl who started working here last year. She was sweet enough, but she flirted with everyone including Bayani so Dai hated her...Rightfully so in my opinion.

"The usual," Dai says sourly and I order F/B/F {Favroite breakfast food} with F/D (favorite drink).

"Coming right up!" Payton smiles at me and shoots Dai a dirty look as she walks off to the kitchen.

While we wait for our food I watch the people in other booths so I don't have to watch Dai sulking. I glance at the table right across from us and do a double take. Sitting there was Viktor Nikiforov...

"Dai," I whisper and kick her foot under the table. "Dai, look over there!!" I point to Viktor and Dai squeals and covers her mouth. Dai puts her menu in front of her face and looks on the verge of tears.

"Oh, THAT'S Viktor! No wonder he was confused when I asked why the girls at the table next to him asked for his autograph!" Payton puts our plates on the table. "I'll be back with your drinks, Y/N." Payton picks up my menu and grabs Dai's from her hand.

"Hey!" Dai yells and Viktor looks up. Dai blushes and looks down at her plate. I freeze and accidentally make eye contact with Viktor. He smiles and looks away. He signals Payton, pays, and leaves.

"Y/N and Viktor sitting in a tree-" Dai sings softly.

"Daiiiiiii...no." Dai clears her throat.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I roll my eyes and pick up my fork and start eating my pancakes.

"What are you five?" Dai laughs and stares at the door.

"I SAW VIKTOR NIKIVOROV!" Dai squeals.

~

Word Count: 840

~Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!~