~CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR~

~August 15th {Just before Dai runs out of the diner}~

~Viktor POV~

"I don't think I'm ready," Yuuri says again and I shake my head frustrated, I had my back to him but we had already had this conversation every day for the past week and unfortunately I knew that he would have his head bent, staring at the ground and while his hands limp by his sides. Maybe it had only been a few weeks that I had known him, but there was something to be said about a teacher's connection to his pupil. Yakov knew me better than anyone else despite my rebellion and refusal to listen to his every word. Or half of what he instructed me to do.

"I understand that you may feel unprepared," I glance at Yuuri with my back still to him. "But I assure you, that you are ready. Your jumps have improved significantly and your connection to the piece is obvious even if I am watching you from the back of the room!" I practically yell. Yuuri opens his mouth but tired of all the excuses I wish him a good day and walk out of the rink.

He was doing very well, but he had no confidence. With confidence then how will he win? If he does win then he will have more faith in himself then ever; but at this point, I'm unsure if he will even show up to win.

What can I do to help Yuuri?

This thought and getting out of the rain kept me occupied as I cross the road to B&T's diner. So occupied I nearly get run over by Y/N's friend, Dai who had come out of nowhere.

"Hello-"

"You watch where you're going," Dai says and stops a few feet away. She turns around her face bright red and her hands behind her. "Oh...Hi Viktor!" She laughs nervously. "I thought you were going to yell at me for almost...It's already happened...I have to go but um have a nice day!" She dashes off towards the ice rink and I watch her leave. She is a strange person, but if Yuuri found her attractive then I will respect that.

After Dai is out of sight I turn around and through the window, I see Y/N and Yurio at a booth. The same booth that I had first seen Y/N at on my first day in Hatsu. That felt like years ago instead of just a few weeks.

Yurio won't be happy that I took Captian Midnight to the vet without him. That's most likely why he is with Y/N.

My theory was confirmed when I walk in the diner door and Yurio begins accusing me of being a catnapper. If you could believe it or not, this is not the weirdest name I've ever been called by Yurio. He means well; that is just his way of showing love...and hatred...?

~August 17~

~Y/N POV~

"Three days," Dai yells and jumps on the couch and picks up a pillow. "T H R E E   D A Y S." She spells out loud slowly and throws the pillow at my face. It hits me and bounces off but I don't say anything. Three days till what exactly? Three days until Yurio and Yuuri's fates would be decided? Three days until Dai would know if she owes me $20? Three days until Viktor and I will be seen together? Just three days and I was freaking out more than Dai...Maybe no one will notice me? Is that too much to hope for?

"Can you believe it, Y/N?" Dai jumps down from the coffee table where she had been dancing to loud music she had begun playing. I nod and she takes my hands. "I'm going to be $20 richer tomorrow!" I force a laugh which usually fools people that don't know me all that well, but never Dai.

"Fess up." She yells over the music and turns around to find the remote to the tv. "I know somethings up. In three days the world will know that Viktor Nikiforov has a girlfriend-"

"He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend-"

"A small inconvenience, but what I was saying-"

"More than just a small inconvenience..." Dai talks over me and either she didn't hear me whisper under my breath or she didn't think my comment mattered. Either way, I'm not upset that she didn't reply. But the next comment I am worried about!

"And they will love you like he does!" Dai grabs my hands again and drags me into her room where she throws dresses and skirts that are way to short to wear on a chilly autumn morning.

~

~Word Count:793~

~Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share~