~CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE~

~August 15~

~Y/N POV~

The closer the competition came, there were more people visiting Hasetsu than I had ever seen before and the town was buzzing with energy and excitement. People were placing bets left and right, most for Yurio. I had a small bet with Dai that Yurio would win but Viktor would still pick Yuuri. She said that was impossible and that Yuuri would blow everyone away and Yurio wouldn't even show up because there is no way he could win.

"So," I slide in the booth that we used to sit at and do homework in elementary. We needed to shake things up but today was not the day for that. "Who was your date?" Dai blushes and tries to cover it up by taking a long drink of orange juice.

Dai swallows and stabs a bite of her pancake and shoves it in her mouth. "Itf was uoreeee." Dai mumbles with her mouth full. "But my date doesn't matter! What did you and Viktor talk about while I was gone?" I stare at her for a moment before deciding that she would tell me about the guy she went out with, in her own time.

"We just talked about our childhood," I shrug. "Did you know he has a sister?" Dai nods, telling me that if you google search him you can find out so much more than just him having a sister.

"She has a son too," Dai nods toward my bacon. "You gonna finish that?" I shake my head and she snatches it off my plate. "Oh, and the father of her son is Yakov, confirmed by one and a half websites."

"Dai-"

"And both are legit." I laugh under my breath and glance up at the door which had just been opened, letting in a gust of cold wind. It rained all night and most of the morning. It would be a hard winter if this kept up. Yurio, who was standing in the doorway, scanned the room and his eyes landed on us.

"Where is Viktor?" He said in a low voice, his Russian accent thicker than usual. Yurio looked like he had just rolled out of bed; His hair was damp from the rain and his eyes had bags under them.

"I haven't seen him yet this morning," I reply and scoot over so Yurio could sit down. He shakes his head and remains standing. "Is he with Yuuri?"

"No," Yurio eyes my pancake and I slide it in front of him. "Yuuri went to the rink at 4...He tripped over my bed and woke me up before he left." Yurio shoves the whole pancake in his mouth. "The clumsy pig." Dai laughs, Yurio shifts his gaze from the table to Dai.

"You called Yuuri a pig." Dai giggles and stands, suddenly then runs out of the diner.

"What was that about?" I shake my head and watch Dai run down the sidewalk and out of sight.

"I never know what she's up to."

"Good morning," I jump slightly and turn around; Behind me was the silver-haired, blue-eyed, Russian, who is also the only man that would wear a sweater on a rainy day like this.

"Viktor!" Yurio says loudly and points one of his fingers in his friend's face. "Where did you take Captian Midnight of the SS Sassy?!" Viktor walks past Yurio, whose face had gone red with anger, and sat down opposite of me. With his left hand, he grabbed the pot of coffee and with his right, he flipped over a clean up and made himself a coffee.

"Viktor, I asked you a question!" Yurio said loudly. The few customers who were in the diner where now staring.

"Who is-?"

"Yurio's new cat." Viktor filled me in on how he acquired the new kitten and agreed to have me meet her. "And Yurio." Viktor looked at Yurio who was now shaking with furry; "I took her to the veterinarian so she could have her shots. I thought if I went early that there would be less of a wait." Yurio's expression melted and he sat down lazily next to me and pulled Dai's unfinished plate of pancakes in front of him and began munching on them.

~

"-And then I ran into a guy in the road who said 'aye watch it', I think he's from the states because he had an American accent." Dai had been explaining why she had decided to go for a run for the past few minutes and I still had no clue where her story was going. "But I flicked him off and kept running, turns out I was right and there were people all around the ice rink which isn't allowed. I told them to scram and they didn't...Then I yelled at everyone and they went away and that's the end."

That's Dai's fix for everything; if it doesn't go away yell at it.

~

~Word Count: 836~

~Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share~