'Chapter 30'

Alexis Young

"Taylor I'm just saying I do not like her

"Taylor I'm just saying I do not like her. Blood or not. She disrespectful and not to mention she's a liar. A consistent one at that who lies about being a mother? Who lies about being married? Who lies about having cancer? I have no clue what's with them niggas yo. The younger the dumber." Taylor just laughed she thinks everything is funny but I really do not like some of my "sisters". Most of em lie, they having kids at young ages, getting locked up. They all make horrible decisions.

"You can't blame some of them they didn't really have the guidance we had. Like La'Niya her mother disappeared and of course daddy wasn't with them. So technically they know right from wrong but they don't know the consequences from the wrong decisions. Plus most of them are damn near still teenagers they haven't really experienced all of life yet. We're finna be in our 30's we know they just turning 20 they don't."

"Nah they know what to do and what no to do. When your friends come to you saying you wanna hit a lick and you KNOW it's illegal. That's the shit you choose to do. They know can go to jail behind the shit they do. Ain't no pass bih." I heard the front door open I turned around seeing Tanaysia and Alana walk in I just rolled my eyes. That lil bitch Aysia is wild disrespectful I simply wanna fight her but she's just a child. Alana she ain't that bad she just a lil dumb in the head.

"Hey Taylor, Alexis." I shot Aysia a fake ass smile and Taylor hit my arm. I rolled my eyes and waved the girl off.

"So how have you guys been? I haven't seen y'all since that dumbass fake ass waste of money funeral." Aye I feel Alana we all had to spend mad money on that funeral because apparently she had it "planned" who the fuck plans a funeral dumb shit.

"I been good I finally got my residency at a hospital in Texas. So now I get to start with the surgeries." Taylor said smiling. Taylor went to school to be a surgeon and she had to do like some years as an intern then she left the hospital she interned at to the hospital she has an in house residency at.

"Wow, what type of surgeon do you want to be?" Alana said interested. I know that she wanted to be a RN. That's a lot of school though.

"A neurosurgeon." Aysia nodded and looked towards me.

"And you're doing what exactly?" She said sarcastically. I scoffed looking at Taylor. Everybody knows I'm a professor at Howard university.

"I'm a professor at Howard U, and you're not doing shit right?" I said looking surprised at the fact that she works at IHOP. Ain't nothing wrong with it but when you got potential and fail to use it I gotta problem.

"I'm taking a year off school is a lot. I'm not the best student." She said lowly I shook my head.

"No you just don't apply yourself I know that you applied to Howard and you could've started this year but you didn't. If you needed help with anything if I like you or not I'll help you. Ion wanna see y'all lil dummies fail." I said shaking my head.