'Chapter 11'

Ashanti Neil

After I left the park cussing Dante out like he stole sum I rushed to get to the house

After I left the park cussing Dante out like he stole sum I rushed to get to the house. Yes I knew about Dante's plan to kill Archer but he would never be able to go through with it and I wouldn't allow him to. I fell in love with Archer after I had Tania. Yes he is extremely older than me and he never pursued me until I was 18. Archer was jus always there. When I felt like Tania hated me, when I felt like people judged me, when I was insecure about my whole appearance. He was there. He even filled a daddy role for Tania for like a year. After I turned 18 we started going out on dates and one date I will never forget we were at the park.

"Archer don't you think I should do something different with my hair? Not feelin the body wave anymore." I was at the park hand in hand wit my boyfriend Archer he's 23. That's old but aye love has no age nor limits.

"Shanti I need to talk to you about something very important."

"Okay wassup?" I was really hoping he wasn't cheating on me. I been tryna get my body right after I had Tania. I wanted him to love my body and not chase after somebody wit an ass and titties.

"We gotta break up ma, ion think wat we doin is right." I looked at him in disbelief this is not wat I need right now.

"Archer why? Is it my body? I'm tryna get it right I promise. Is it because I eat unhealthy? I'll eat salads I promise. Don't leave." My voice was cracking and I knew I was gonna cry. My step-dad started hitting my mom again and I had to send Tania to my bestfriends house. I rather I get hurt protecting my mom than her.

"Your body? Ashanti you're beautiful in all aspects. But I need you to focus on school and Tania. Those are your priorities, not chasing behind me. Plus I got shit I need to handle in Detroit and if I end up dead I don't need you laying over my casket crying and shit. Go find someone your age and be happy wit them. I'm not stable enough for you and Tania. Y'all live a very expensive lifestyle and I don't have income out here. Then i don't like playin step-daddy I love Tania like she's mine. But I want all my kids to have the same mom and dad. It's one thing if I can't provide but it's another thing when something jus don't sit right in my heart and soul. I'm sorry Ashanti."

That was the day he broke my heart. That was the day that I stepped into abusive relationships. Those men tore me down emotionally, verbally, and physically. I turn 20 in two days and I can't stop thinking about the shit that I'm gonna return home to. Ahjanae basically kicked me out wit nowhere to go and I jus kno she's gonna tell Archer about the situation wit Dante and I don't want that. I still had hopes for me and Archer. I'm stronger now mentally and I think I can handle a relationship. I was now pulling up to Ahjanae's house and I grew nervous for whatever reason. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something wasn't right. But that's not gonna stop me from tryna make this situation right and explain my side. I hopped out the car and basically ran to the door and when I got in and Locked it turned around to see 4 people staring at me: Ahjanae, Taihere, Jaihere, and Archer.