)(Epilogue)(

Above:  Dominique Herondale's Wedding Dress

Recap:  What to say, they're in love! Dom sits down at the table and opens her presents. In the meanwhile, I see the Morgenstern ring around her middlefinger, the only finger that's big enough to hold the ring around her finger.

I guess that was the present from Jonathan. How nice of him! But to be honest, they are perfect together.

====

Three years later..
Dominique

"I can't do this," I say. I look at myself in the mirror in misery. Nothing was going right today! And I felt so nauseous.. it's probably the stress of planning a wedding.

"You can do this, Dom. Everything's going to be just fine and it will be the most beautiful day of your life, my sister-in-law Clary said to me, holding my hand tightly.

Izzy, Clary, Maryse and my soon to be mother-in-law Jocelyn helped me get ready. I sit in the chair before the mirror with a thick, white bathrobe around my body and this group of already formal dressed women.

The mirror has all those small lights around it. It is from Izzy and she always uses this one when her make-up had to be totally perfect. Now it had to be me who was perfect. 

I never thought that weddings would give you so much stress, but the planning was seriously horrible! Everyone helped and Jon tried to do the most of it to down the stress meter for me, but it was still very hard work.

"Come on Dominique, we have to get you into your dress," Maryse says. I stand up and take a step up on the stool. While I stand and do whatever they say I have to do they dress me in my golden, sleeveless dress.

Shadowhunters don't marry in white: they marry in gold. White is the colour of grief. With help they bring me back to the chair. Maryse and Jocelyn curl my hair in long, thick curly locks and cover my head and body in glitters. I was literally shining on my wedding day.

As last finishing touch we wrapped my feet in high golden heels to match with the dress. Someone knocks softly on the door. "Who's there," Jocelyn asks. 

"It's Jace, can I come in?" "Of course you can, come inside boy," Jocelyn smiled. She had two weddings to enjoy lately.. Clary and Jace were engaged and this day Jonathan and I would marry. Isn't it coincidence that the sister of the one goes with the brother of the other?

Jace walks in. He wears a anthracite coloured suit with black tie and black shiny shoes. Runes were embroidered in the collar by his neck and on the fabric around his wrists. His mouth falls open when he sees me. I stand up for him to see me even better.

"And, how do I look?" "Beautiful," he whispers breathlessly. "Well.. are you ready to give me away?" "I am not sure, can we still stop this," he asks with a grin on his lips. I shake my head playfully.

"Well.. I guess it's time to give my sister away to another guy then.." "You are still one of the most important men in my life, Jace," I assure him. I grab his arm tightly and we walk out of the room. The ladies already went inside the room where the wedding will be held.

Jace and I wait together before the closed doors. "Promise me you'll still come over some time," Jace joked, but I knew he secretly meant it. "I promise Jace. That I'm going to marry doesn't mean that I won't love you anymore." "That's... good to hear," he says with a smile, sighing a little.

The doors open and both of us stride inside. I see Jonathan standing at the altar. He wears black dresspants, a white button-up and ivory coloured jacket. He looks so handsome.. Dominique, don't drool on your soon-to-be-husband! 

When Jace and I reach the altar my brother grabs my hand and places it into Jon's. "Look out for her or I won't hesitate on killing you a second time." Jon smiles at him. "Never will I let Dominique down, Jace. I thought you had trust in me," he says with a wink at the end.

After the words of the Silent Brother we had to draw the wedded union-runes. It was a beautiful ceremony and I felt my heart flutter every time I think of my new wedding rune on my chest and the inside of my arm.

---- Little Snippets ----

"Mrs Morgenstern?" "Yes..," I ask, looking at the doctor. She smiled at me. "May I congratulate you? There is a little baby Morgenstern on the way." 

"Jonathan?" "Yes sweetheart," Jon asks, looking up from the book he was reading. He seems surprised and then his facial expression turns to worry. "Is something wrong?" "No, I guess.." "What is going on Dom?" "I.. I am pregnant. We're having a baby Jon.." He jumps up and lifts me up in the air. I shriek from surprise when he twirls me around in the air. "I am so happy Dom! We're going to be parents! By the Angel, this is amazing!"

"Congratulations, Mrs Morgenstern, Mr Morgenstern. It's a healthy baby boy." I hold my newborn son in my arms and smile at him. He is so beautiful. He has my golden eyes but with Jon's whiteblonde hair. "How are we going to name him," Jon asks, slowly brushing with his finger over our son's cheek. He snuggled a little closer to me and my chest. I giggle. "Nathan. Nathan Jace Valentine Morgenstern."