)(6)(

Above: Alberto Rosende as Simon Lewis

Recap:  Him? Who is him? She grabs the silver book again and searches for the page with the portrait of me again. "Jace.. do you even know? Has Valentine ever told you? Did he ever tell you that.. that I am your sister?"

====

Clary

I snap my head towards my side to look at Jace. He seems frozen in place, his eyes wide open. But.. how? Stephen and Céline Herondale were dead when Jace was born. And.. Dominique is younger then Jace, obviously.

"Jace," I whisper to him, resting my hand on his shoulder. He closes his eyes and sighs. Tears glisten on his eyelashes like dew.

"Let's leave.. I can not see or hear this anymore," he says. He stops the rune from working and grabs me by my wrist and yanks me up.

"Jace, we have to talk about this," I whisper again. He shakes his head and walks with me out of the hallway. Around the corner, he releases me and leans with his back to the wall, sinking on his butt.

"I have a sister," he whispers, defeated. "A sister, a younger sister. A real sister.." I sink on my knees next to him, placing an encouraging hand on his shoulder. "Please Jace.. talk with me."

He looks at me like I'm mad. "What is there to talk about? Apparently, I have a younger sister, also raised by Sebastian and Valentine, who knew everything but kept on lying. That is.. there is nothing to talk about."

"She knew it. That's why she looked at you that way. Maybe she even knew when you and Sebastian were in your evil parabatai bond.." "Clary, you're not helping!" "Sorry."

Izzy, Alec and Magnus walk up to us, leaving me the question where Simon is. "What is wrong, you two look devastated," says Izzy. "And Jace, you don't seem to be right," adds Alec. Jace stares at Alec with narrowed eyes.

"Okay then: Clary, what did you find out," says Magnus jokingly, avoiding Jace's anger. "Dominique, she.. she is Jace's little sister," I stutter, not looking at them or Jace.

Suddenly, I feel something heavy on my shoulder. Jace lays his head in the crook of my neck and cries. I look bewildered from him to the others, who look shocked by Jace's actions as well. Jace never cries.

I entangle my hands in his soft golden locks and whisper sweet nothings in his ear. 

"So.. you found out," we hear a soft voice saying from behind us. We all turn to the hallway Jace and I just left. There stands Dominique, the silver book pressed against her flat chest. She looks sad but also.. delighted?

Jace looks up from my shoulder and wipes his tears quickly away. "Dominique.." She walks silently towards Jace. So that's why we couldn't hear her coming closer, a silencing rune..

"Jace.." I stand up and make place for Dominique, who sinks on one knee and wipes his blonde hair out of his face.

Magnus taps on my shoulder. "Maybe it is better for them, and for us, to leave them alone for a moment, don't you think?"

I look at the siblings and feel a pang of sadness in her heart. They could build up what she and Jonathan never could...

"You're right," I answer. He smiles and leads me away. "Come on Biscuit, we are playing a good game of chess." "Why chess?"

"Because chess clears your mind. Also, I'm unbeatable and you never played it before," he says with a grin. We walk away, Alec and Izzy following us.

(Sorry if this is short: next chapter I want to focus on Dominique and Jace's talk)