)(19)(

Above: Harry Shum Jr as Magnus Bane

Recap: Thank the angel Raziel.

====

Jace

To explain our decision about Jonathan, Clary, Dominique, Jonathan and I had to talk to the Downworlder representives. As Magnus and Luke are already in that and the Elves were banned because of their crimes in the Dark War, we had quite some advantages.

Still.. Dominique would have to see Raphael. The one who threatened to kill her.

Dominique didn't show any fear though. It was like she was excited to see Idris and Alicante. I can quite understand. She was raised with Jonathan in a small cabin where nobody would find them. She has never seen anything of Idris except the inside of the house and the view through the windows.

Izzy was excited as well and helped Clary and Dominique pack. I do not want to see what Izzy wants Dom to take with her..

So, this meant that Alec, Jonathan, Magnus (moral help of Alec during this) and I were alone in another room. The tension between Alec and Jonathan is too thick to even cut.

I drop some shirts in my back while I see Jonathan staring at his bag with clothing as if it was a strange object for him. "Hey.. Jonathan..?" I begin. Jonathan looks up at me with a questioning look in his eyes, but he didn't say anything.

"Can I.. help you?" "Not really." "What is going on then," I go on. He sighed. "Within 24 hours I will enter a city which I have ruined and meet people from who I've murdered family. Everyone will hate me. Everyone will despise me."

He shoot a short glance to Alec, who was whispering with Magnus while packing his bag. I knew exactly what he meant. He would meet people like the Lightwoods, who have lost someone important in the Dark War, a war he started with his father.

"Jonathan, just remember that you're not evil anymore. That person, that monster who did that and more, was not you. Do you think I would let you in the presence of my little sister and my girlfriend if I didn't fully believe that?" "You never leave me in Dom's presence," he says with a grin on his lips.

"Okay, you have a point, but that is brotherly protectiveness. I would have done the same if goddamn Alec would date her!" "If I would date who," asks Alec, triggered by hearing his name. Magnus also looks up, holding one of those boring grey sweaters Alec owns.

"That I wouldn't accept it either if you dated Dom," I quickly say. Alec scrunches his nose. "In case you didn't notice, I'm not into your sister, nor in any girl," he responded. "IT WAS A COMPARISON ALEC!"

"Good," Alec mumbled before continuing with packing his bag. I look at Jonathan, who smiled weakly. "See? I begin to accept you in my sister's life like her.. ugh.. lover. It is something!" "I know Jace, I know it."

The door flies open and there stand the girls. Izzy, Clary and Dom. Dom walks inside the room and wraps her arms around Jonathan, as if she never wanted to let him go. I can understand she loved every moment with him, as for not long ago it wasn't sure if he would even still excist. Now we are one week further!

Jonathan softly lays one hand on Dom's back, between her shoulderblades and one in her neck to press her tighter to his body. His lips were placed on her shoulder. He saw me staring and grinned like a child who was just caught with stealing a cookie and who still tried to say 'I wasn't it!'.

Clary slowly walked over to my side and wrapped her arms around my waist. I drape my arm over her shoulder, pressing her closer. "They are a good couple," Clary whispers so softly that only we could hear each other. "I guess so," I whisper back.