)(7)(

Above: Harry Shum Jr as Magnus Bane

Recap:    "You're right," I answer. He smiles and leads me away. "Come on Biscuit, we are playing a good game of chess." "Why chess?"

"Because chess clears your mind. Also, I'm unbeatable and you never played it before," he says with a grin. We walk away, Alec and Izzy following us.

====

Jace

I feel the soft hand of Dominique, resting on my shoulder. I look up at her, tears still probably in my eyes. "How long did you know," I ask. It seemed the only question that mattered for me.

"Not long.. I always believed that I had no relatives. Jonathan told me that you were my brother when he came to hide in Edom.. after the Burren in Ireland."

"How," I ask. She sighs. "There were some things wrong with the history, Jace. Stephen and Céline first had you. Valentine fed you angelic blood through her food, just as he did with me. You are as old as Alexander Lightwood.."

She takes a deep breath and continues. "It was not you who they cut out of mother's womb, Jace. It was me. They were wrong in dates, so Céline and Stephen died three years later then history actually thought. Hodge Starkweather and Valentine got me and left. I was reunited with you after that.."

"So.. mother and father died three years later then we thought? So, they could get you? How did ANYONE get these dates wrong?" "Don't ask me Jace, I wouldn't know the answer," she says, hanging her head. 

"That necklace.. was it from Céline?" She frowns her eyebrows. "You watched me?" "I did. That box is from the Herondales, isn't it?" "Technically, it is from the Montclaires, our mother's family. It has a lock of your hair, a necklace when they found out they were pregnant with a daughter and a letter to Stephen in where she tells him."

"May I ask something?" "You already did," she smiles, wiping a brown lock behind her ear. "Did.. did Sebastian love you?"

Dominique frowns her eyebrows, she seems to think about an answer. "Let me put it this way: if Jonathan would feel love, I would definately be high on the list with people he loved."

I sigh. "Our history is pretty messed up, isn't it?" "It is," she says with a slight, nervous smile. "Is there.. with your angelic power.. something you can do as well?"

She shrugs. "I ought to believe I was the only one normal. Until.." "Until what," I ask her. Dominique sighs. "Until I found Valentine's diary. He wrote that even after my birth, he kept on feeding me angelic blood. He wanted to know how much a kid could take.. it was pretty much."

"How long?" "The full 8 months in mother's womb.. and five years later. That's when it stopped working on me, as I was too old." Oh Angel... how much angelic blood would that have been?

"So... you have a lot of angelic blood." "That's correct. Unfortunately I don't have the beautiful wings," she jokes. She looks like me when she does that.. joking to make a heavy situation lighter.

"Can you make runes, like Clary?" "I never tried.. Valentine would never let me do anything but reading and learning. I have a photographic memory, he said. Although.. maybe that is because of that blood."

"You were a happy toddler, I suppose," I say. Angelblood made you happier, Valentine had noticed. That's why he gave it to his depressed wife... "What do you all know then?" "I speak 18 languages fluent, 19 not so fluent but still understandable."

To be honest.. I'm impressed. "Valentine's influence probably," I mutter. She nods her head. "Anything else I should know as your brother?" She shrugs. I believe she rather talks with her body then words: shrugging, nodding, shaking..

"Maybe it's time to head back," I mumble. I stand up, lifting myself with one hand and I shake off the dust of my clothes.

I walk towards the end of the hallway when Dominique spoke up. "I have met someone. He told me that he would harm me if I ever tried to do anything against him again."

I turn around and look at her. "Doing something against him again? Who is this guy?" She looks into my eyes.

"Raphael Santiago, head of the New York vampire clan."