)(2)(

Above: Dominic Sherwood as Jace Herondale

Recap: "Everyone, this is Dominique. Dominique, these are the inhabitants of the New York Institute: my children, Clary, Jace, Simon and Magnus."

====

Dominique

I look at my boots, my hair falling over my shoulders, hugging my face. Why was I such a baby again? Maybe because I couldn't trust them... or not yet, at least.

Maryse wraps one arm around my shoulders and places her other on my other shoulder. "Don't be scared, they won't bite." I keep staring at the floor.

The glittery warlock with gold/greenish cat eyes stands up. He walks up to me and releases me from Maryse's grip. He grabs my chin with his thumb and index finger.

"Hello, I am Magnus. Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn." I gasp for air and take a step back, my back hitting Maryse's chest and my foot standing on hers. 

I shiver a little and take more steps back. A warlock.. I have a feeling I met him before. He was scary.. 

"Magnus, you scare her," says Alexander Lightwood softly. The boy with jet black hair and bright blue eyes stands up and comes closer. He seems to study me.

"Why is she here mom? What does the Clave have to decide over her?" "If I am not a traitor," I mumble softly.

Everyone looks at me, most have their eyebrows knitted together in confusement. Maryse coughs behind her fist. "I thought we wouldn't tell them, Dominique." "What do we reach with that? Lies. Lies brought me more harm then anything else," I say, staring in Maryse Lightwood's eyes.

She seems uncomfortable and angry. "The Clave forbid you to tell anything to anyone except the Clave!" I look at my feet again. Yes, the Clave did forbid me to tell. Little control freaks.

"Maybe we should let this rest. Come here, Dominique, sit down. You probably haven't eaten breakfast yet," says Robert Lightwood, smiling at me. I smile a little back, biting my lower lip.

I sit down and begin studying the others at the table. The red headed girl with freckles and green eyes; Valentine's daughter, Clarissa Morgenstern. I shiver a little, thinking about the man. One part of me thought it was so long ago when he died, the other thought it was so incredibly short ago. 

Then you have the girl next to her: thick, black hair and dark brown eyes. So dark they were nearly black. She had a great figure, wearing tight,  quite revealing, black clothes. Isabelle Lightwood.

Isabelle holds the hand of a boy. I heard what Asmodeus did to him in Edom. He was first a vampire, a Daylighter even. He still had some of the old vampire-charms and looks though. I heard the Clave decided to make him a Shadowhunter.

I heard that while sitting locked up inside a bedroom in The Gard. Guards couldn't seem to gossip quietly.. His brown hair seems soft and shiny and his brown eyes shine behind glasses. Simon Lewis.

The guy next to Simon seems to get my attention. He has shiny, golden blonde hair, a stubble beard, broad muscles and a quite handsome face. His eyes get my complete attention though. They were amber, like mine. Jace Herondale.

I never saw anyone else with those eyes though.. He reminded me of someone.. "You are not related to anyone, Dominique. Your parents died and you have no relatives. Why would you even need anyone except me and your brother?," a voice in my head said. A reminder. He had told her that.

But could she believe everything he had told her? I mean, he lied about more then only that, it turned out to be. Was the world not as bright as I thought it was. What did he hide more for her? I stick a fork with eggs and bacon inside my mouth.

"What is your favourite colour, Dominique," asks Clary. She was asking questions to know me a little more. I shrug. "I don't really have one. Never thought about it.." "Who are your parents?" 

I choke on my eggs and Alec slaps me on my back. I cough and look at Clary. Did she think something? Did she know? Maybe he told her, or he told Jace. 

"I-I don't have parents. They're dead." "Who raised you then," asks Isabelle. Maryse shakes her head, but I sigh. "No Maryse, they deserve to know. Everyone deserves to. The one who raised me was.. was.." 

"Valentine."