)(4)(

Above: Emeraude Toubia as Izzy(Isabelle) Lightwood

Recap: "Maybe you can ask her later. Now, I am really curious about what she has to say about Jonathan," I say to him.

====

Jace

Clary steps forward towards Dominique. Alec eyes me. He is quite nervous, I see. You notice it on anything. His jumpy behaviour, his concentrated and focused eyes.. pretty much everything.

Even I am a little nervous, but of course I wouldn't tell anyone. How could Clary handle this new bundle with information about her and my past with ease? Because she was innocent? Naive maybe, but innocent?

Clary walks up to Dominique, who looks up. She looks passed Clary as well and moves uncomfortably when she sees us too. Clary calms her down though.

"We are your friends, Dominique. We won't harm you, won't tell anything." Dominique seems to relax a little, our que to come closer. She stays still, relaxed. She isn't threatened.

"How can I help you," she asks, trying to sound confident but her voice layered with fear, confusion and worry.

"I'd like to ask you something, if you don't mind." Dominique closes the book and places it on the stand next to the chair. She let her hands fall in her lap, looking questionally and waiting at Clary and us, but mostly at Clary.

"What would you like to ask?" "Do you.. do you know my brother?" She eyes me for a second, but turns back to Clary. "Yes." Clary takes a deep intake of breath and in a reflex I take a step forward. Dominique eyes me nervously for a split second before turning her attention back to Clary.

"You were raised with him, weren't you?" "Yes. I lived with him in a cottage by Lake Lyn. He had to take care of me while fath-Valentine was not there." "Have you seen him and Valentine.. after the Mortal War?"

She seems to think. "What is the 'Mortal War'? Something I forgot from history class?" I look at Clary, not knowing where she was going. She looks back at me, sadness in her eyes. "She doesn't know," she mouths.

I walk forward and sink on my knees by her feet, smiling kindly at her. "Have you met me before, perhaps?" She nods. "Yes. Clary as well, by the way." "Where then," I ask.

"In Valentine's dimensional house. Although.. Jonathan told me to stay behind and quiet all the time. He did not want me to meet Clarissa, but I did see her."

"Valentine's dimensional house? Let's start by the begin. When you were much younger, Valentine disappeared. We thought he burned himself to the ground with his house."

Dominique's eyes widen, but she stays quiet. "Has he been with you and Jonathan after that?" "Yes." "Has he raised you to be a weapon, a warrior?" He couldn't think that Valentine did that though: she was so different from Sebastian and himself.

"He did not. He told me that my power lay in my brain and not in my strength. 'Jonathan would always be there to protect me on that point, so why did I have to', he said," she says. Her eyes seem to tear up. Maybe because of the memories?

"And he never said anything about The Mortal Instruments, maybe?" "He told me to study them carefully, but not really. Why do you keep asking me these questions?" 

"Because I may be Valentine's daughter, but I don't know anything of his life with my brother and Jace and, apparently, you. I'd like to know about your past," says Clary.

She looks from her to me and back some times. "Did Valentine sometimes.. leave, for a long time?" "Yes, he did. In those times he left me in the dimensional house, with Jonathan. He thaught me to play violin while Valentine learnt me to play the piano."

I had to smile for some reason. It seemed so nice, teaching a kid to play music. "Jonathan left for a moment as well, didn't he," asks Clary. Dominique nods.

"He said he had an idea and that he was going to Alicante. I don't know why though," she says, playing with the edge of her black dress. She bites her lip. Clary and I share a gaze.

"How come I can't remember you while you said you have met me," I ask her. "Because Jonathan said you had to forget me. You were really clingy those days.. a lot weirder as well," she says, a little bit giggling.

So that's why I can't remember her, when I was with Sebastian during that evil bond, he told me to forget her every time I saw her. Still, I had still some selfconsciousness left, hadn't I? 

This is confusing. No, this 15 year old Shadowhunter is confusing.