)(21)(

Above: Thylane Blondeau as Dominique Seraphina Herondale

Recap:     Izzy sighs deeply, making an 'aww' sound. Everyone turns to look at her, even we. "What? It's cute!" 

====

Dominique

"Jon, Jon where are you taking me," I shriek. He doesn't answer me while he keeps dragging me through the small streets and alleys of Alicante. It was nearly midnight now. 

I was planning on going to sleep when Jonathan stood before the door of my bedroom. He wanted to see Lake Lyn with me by moonlight and I was quite interested in it. He had grabbed my hand tightly and dragged me out of the house.

I wonder if anyone knows that we were gone.. well, we'll see about that when we get back. 

Jon takes me to the stables and I see a horse with a lot of falling stars on the sadle and halter. Morgenstern. On the head of the horse, between its ears, is a light brown stain in the form of a star. The rest of the horse is dark brown like chocolate. 

He sees me staring and smiles with a certain kind of sadness hidden inside at me. "It was the horse of the family. His name is Lightbringer.. to.. you know who." I certainly know to who. The person where his last name came from. Well, the demon where his last name came from.

He helps me onto the horse and settles himself behind me. One of his arms wrap tightly around my waist to protect me from falling. "Do you also have memories with this," he asks. "Certainly. When you tried to teach me how to ride a horse and that I fell off the horse. You dried my tears and said to try again. When I said that I was scared you lift me onto the horse, sat behind me and wrapped an arm around me so I wouldn't fall again."

"You remember it all," he says with a happy smile. "Of course I do.. it is one of my happy moments with you," I respond. Jon sets his heels into the horses stomach and the horse begins to run.

Within not too long we reach the old cabin which was our home when we were younger. "It never really changed, did it," I ask, staring up at Jon, who has his arms wrapped around my waist from behind. "After we left, nobody came here again," he sighs.

Jon leaves to bind the horse to a tree while I open the door. It was dusty and stale inside, but it felt like home. All the flowers had died and everything was covered with a thick layer of dust. Suddenly, I feel two hands on my face, before my eyes.

I hear Jonathan sniggering in my ear. "Come on, I have a surprise for you." Slowly we both walk out of the cabin, me with a lot of struggle because I couldn't see where I walked. I feel the stones which lay around Lake Lyn under my feet until my feet met a grass field. 

Jon takes his hands off my eyes and I see a white-red blocked blankets laying on the ground with a picnic basket. I look up at Jon, who smiles at me. "Do you like it?" "Like it? Are you crazy? I love it!"

He takes my hand and we both sit down on the blanket. The moonlight shines our figures and Jonathan flames up a candle inside a lantern. He kept looking at his watch.

"What is wrong? Are you time-bonded," I ask with a laugh. He shakes his head and sticks his finger up to sign me to silence. Apparently something happened, because he looked up and smiles.

"Exactly midnight. Happy birthday Dom." Wait.. It was indeed my birthday! I had completely forgotten after all that happened.. with Jonathan and the Clave and Santiago. "Jon, you remembered!" "Of course I did." He kisses me on my lips.

We have a nice picnic and Jon was really cute and nice for me. "I have a present for you," he says. "You shouldn't have done that.." "Of course I should," he says with laughter. He grabs my hand and I see he takes something out of his backpocket.

He slips a small, silver ring around my middlefinger. When I look at it, I see that it is the Morgenstern ring. "Jon.. this is your family ring.." "I know it is. I wanted to give it to you, as you probably felt the most like a Morgenstern." "How about you," I ask with frowned eyebrows.

He smiles sadly. "I never felt like a Morgenstern, I always felt like a monster. My father didn't act like a father. I never knew my mother. But you? You always acted like you belonged in the life of the Morgensterns. That's why I give this to you." 

"Thank you Jon.." "No problem." I lean forward, wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him passionately. It felt good, our chemistry and our connection. Well.. our kiss quite escalated much.. I will not give detail, but it felt heavenly.