)(17)(

Above: Will Tudor as Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern

Recap:  Dominique and Jonathan on Clary's bed, where we left them when we went to the dimensional house. Kissing.

====

Jace

The two broke off their kiss and looked at the door. Dominique was obviously afraid when she saw me. No wonder, I probably look very angry. Maryse, Robert and Luke gasp. "IS THAT JONATHAN," yells Maryse.

Jonathan looks at his feet, not daring to look at anyone. "What are you guys doing here," asks Dominique shyly. "What are you doing with him," I snap at her. She lowers her head and looks at her feet as well. Jonathan stands up and clears his throat.

"I think I need to excuse myself to you, Jace. It wasn't my meaning to bring shame or disgust to your sister.." "Jon, you did nothing wrong. I kissed you and Jace is just overdoing. He is my brother and not my guard and we don't live in the medieval times anymore!"

Luke steps forward and grabs Jonathan by the collar of his grey sweater, staring angrily with wolf eyes inside Jonathan's green ones. "Stay away from that child, you monster," Luke snapped. Dominique jumped up and looks at Luke.

"Let. Him. Go." "He hurts everyone Dominique, why is he here? We thought he was dead!" "HE'S NOT DEAD, HE'S NOT EVIL AND I LOVE HIM!"

I frown my eyebrows at my sister. "You love him? Don't you remember what he has done?" She looks upset at me. "If we have to condemn everyone on every tiny thing they did, we can amortize you as well!" 

"We should let the Clave decide what we do with him," says Robert Lightwood. We all turn to him and Jonathan has fear in his eyes. "N-no! They will kill me on instant! Please.. have mercy." "You couldn't have mercy on my son either, could you," snaps Robert.

Jonathan tears up and looks at his feet, still held tightly by Luke. "I'm really sory for what happened with Max. I hope that one day, you will find the power to forgive me." "Never," hisses Maryse.

That moment, Luke was thrown towards the wall. Everyone looks shocked. Everyone also turns to the door opening, expecting someone to stand there. Nobody was there, so their gazes returned to the whole room again. Dominique stepped forward.

"Valentine said to me one time: 'your power lies in your brain, dear Dominique. Unlock it, use it and you will reach whichever goal you might have'. I have unlocked it, now I use it and I've set on a goal for myself: Keep. Jonathan. Safe."

Jonathan takes a step forward and hugs Dominique's smaller figure from behind. His chin rests on her shoulder, his hands lay folded on her stomach. "Shh, Dom, calm down. You don't want to hurt someone, do you?" 

We stare at the moment between the two which seemed to be quite intense. Not that it matters, I still want to rip Jonathan's face off for snogging my sister.

Dom turns around and buries her face inside Jonathan's chest. Jonathan just rubs over her brown hair, kissing her on her head. "I-I don't know wh-why I ex-exploded like th-that," Dom stuttered. "You want to protect me, I know, but I'm an adult. I can handle myself Dom." Jonathan lifts Dominique's chin and smiles softly at her.

It is.. cute? No, cute is not a manly word. It was okay.