)(1)(

Above: Thylane Blondeau as Dominique

====

Clary

Sunlight softly strokes our skins through the thin curtains of Jace' bedroom. I blink with my eyes and open them. Jace lays on his back, only some sweatpants on and his eyes softly shut. His eyelashes tickle his cheekbones. 

His blonde hair seems to light up in the light. How could he be so perfect, even while sleeping? I comb with my fingers through my orange curls, trying to undo the knots. When I turn to look at Jace again, he had his eyes opened this time.

"Goodmorning," he groans. "Goodmorning Jace, did you sleep well?" He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me forward so I lay over him, my legs on each side of his hips and my chest pressed against his.

He takes some of my curls in his hand and plays with it. "I sleep perfectly if you sleep on my side," he says with a grin. I roll my eyes and groan. 

"Puh-lease Jace, don't go cheesy. It doesn't suit you." He laughs. It sounds so clear, like music in your ears. Maybe just because I liked him laughing. 

I roll off him and gather some clothes. It was a dark green top with tight black jeans and socks. I walk towards Jace' bathroom and take a shower. Through the door I hear Jace doing something that I can't see through the shut door.

With my towel I ruffle through my hair to dry it. Jace was gone though.. I throw the towel by the dirty laundry and go downstairs. Izzy, Simon, Alec, Magnus and Jace were eating breakfast. Izzy probably ordered something by Taki's or something.

I sit down and grab some of the delicious bread and sugar croissants. The door opens and Robert Lightwood walks in, wringing his hands. He seems nervous though.

"What is going on dad," asks Izzy, her eyebrows knitted in worry. Robert never really acted so nervous as now. "We get a visitor today. Your mother is coming with her today, pretty soon. She will stay here until.. until the Clave has decided over her." 

"Over her? Who is this girl and what has she done?" "She has not really done anything. It is more that.. let it rest. You guys are not meant to know." They heard a loud bang above. Robert looks nervous.

"I guess that was the Portal." "Who was on our end then," asks Magnus, thinking wrinkles in his forehead. Those wrinkles seemed weird on his young face. "Catarina Loss wanted to do this for us this time. We thought we should leave you.. you know, alone for a time."

Magnus shrugged. He probably didn't care that he had more of his time free to spend with Alec. The doors open again and Maryse walks inside. "Come on, don't be shy. They won't judge, I promise." 

A beautiful girl of maybe 15 years old walks inside, wearing a simple black dress with brown laced-up boots with flat, high heel under it. She wears a simple, golden necklace. Her long, dark brown hair falls over her shoulders and back, hugging her gorgeous face.

Her eyes were the most intruiging though. They were amber, like Jace's. She had a certain kind of shyness and elegance in every move she made. 

"Everyone, this is Dominique. Dominique, these are the inhabitants of the New York Institute: my children, Clary, Jace, Simon and Magnus."