Friends.

I got up to my room and started getting ready. I know it's early but I have a lot to do. I head straight to my bathroom and start the water. I take my clothes off while waiting for the water to warm up. I quickly brush my hair to get all the tangles off and hop into the shower.

I use my strawberry shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair, his favourite. Then I wash my body after shaving everywhere. When I'm done I get out and start getting ready. I blow dry my hair and brush it. I plug my straightener in and wait for it to heat up.

While it heats up I decide what to wear. I put on something comfy first though. I pick a mini black skirt and a white crop top with stripes on it and I pick my black vans as shoes. I feel like old me now. Like the eighteen year old me.

I remember the straightener and go sit down and start making natural waves on my hair with the straightener. After an hour of working on it it looks perfect.

I look at the time to see it's seven pm. I think they'll be over soon since they live hella close. Like next door close. I wear what I chose earlier and apply a little mascara and a red-ish lip balm. The only thing that hasn't changed about me since the past three years is I still don't like wearing makeup. Only at special events.

I make the last touch ups like spraying some parfume on and head downstairs to help mom.

I head into the kitchen to see my mom dressed up making some sweets for us to eat after dinner. She sees me and smiles widely before saying "That's my girl! You look amazing."
" Aww mom thank you. You look beautiful." I say and kiss her cheek.

Just then the doorbell rings and my eyes widen. "Go get the door, oh and remember, show him how it feels." she says winking at me. I nod my head and head over the door.

I take a deep breath before opening the door to reveal four people? Karen, Manny,Shawn and a girl? What the hell?

"Heyy!" Karen says with a smile.
"Hey!" I say back with a smile. I open the door wider for them to get in.
"You've grown so much oh my god." she says hugging me.
"Thank you Karen, you look just the same as when I...you know." I say as I look down.
"It's okay honey. Is your mom near?" she asks handing me her coat.
"Yeah, she's in the kitchen." I say and turn to Manny to hug him.
"Manny!" I say as I hug him.
"Ohh now I see, our crazy Mel is back." he says laughing making me laugh as well.
He hands me his coat and I put them on the hanger and turn to Shawn.

"Hi." I say smiling shyly.
"Hey, uhm Melissa this is Madison my...girlfriend." he says and my world stops.
"Oh.." I say taken back a little bit.
"Hi I'm Madison." she says extending her hand out for me to shake.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Melissa." I say shaking her hand.
"Ohh you are the famous Melissa." she says laughing.

I'm still in shock that I can't think straight right now. He moved on? But what was it this morning?

"Yeah..uhh...let's go inside." I say leading the way.

While people are scattered around the living room I excuse myself and go to the bathroom. I close the door and a huge sigh escapes my lips. He has a girlfriend. I want him back. Literally fuck my life right now.

You know what, I deserve this. Every single detail of this. Because me being a bitch, I decided to leave him behind like that and go live in LA with Peter than date Matt and break up with him and come back here. Ughhh. This is so furstrating. But I did what I did for my future. I mean if I stayed that day I wouldn't have become a doctor today.

I have a million toughts in my head right now. I miss him to be honest. I was broken and sad when I left but only to realize that he was also the one who made me happy. The way we met was so stupid. It was my god damn luck. Maybe it will work this time too ha?

I pull myself together and put the fakest smile ever on my face and walk out of the bathroom only to crash into a wall. Again.

I look up to see Shawn standing there smiling at me.

"You should stop hitting people like that." he says chuckling making me chuckle as well.
"Ohh yeah sorry uhh is everythig okay?" I ask him as he looks me dead in the eyes.
"Yeah your mom told me to look for you since you've been gone for too long. Are you okay?" he asks me.
"Y-yeah totally. Let's go back." I say as I walk pass him to the living room.

When I enter the living room I see our moms talking about foods and dads talking about hockey. Classic. I see Madison looking in between them confused. A real smile spreads across my face as I see her. She seems like a nice girl to be honest and she seems extremely familiar. I wonder where or how they met.

I slowly walk towards her and sit down next to her.
"Hey there." I say smiling at her.
"Oh, hi." she says returning the favour and smiling.
"Soo how are you?" I ask trying to start a conversation.
"I'm pretty good, how are you? I've heard a lot about you." she says.
"Thank you. I feel like this conversation is going way too formal." I say chuckling making her chuckle as well.
"Yeah. I'm normally not like this. I'm like crazy to be honest. I love your eyes. They are so pretty." she says making me blush a little.
"Well I don't really hear that. Thank you." I say.
"You seem extremely familiar." she says.
"I was thinking the same thing." I admit as I look at her.
"Where did you go for middle school?" she asks me and that's when it clicks.
"Oh my...wait you are Madison as in Madison Anne?" I ask.
"Yup that's me. And you're Melissa Shell. I swear when I walked inside that door I knew I've met you before." she says.
"Well...wow. I can't find words to say. It's been a really long time. You look so beautiful." I say as I hug her.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Shawn asks. I knew he was listening.
"Yeah we were best friends back in middle school. She moved so we lost contact." I say and his eyes go wide. I know why. Because he dated me and now he's dating my ex bestfriend.

"O-oh..that's awesome." he says hugging Madison by shoulder and kissing her head. Jealousy hits me hard.

All through the night I watched them all cuddly and being couple goals. He looks happy and I don't wanna ruin that. After what mom told me about him this morning not again. She said he was broken and I was too but he finally healed I don't want to take it away from him.

Matthew has been texting and calling me and I keep on not answering. He broke my heart. He just broke up with me because I was leaving for just a week but now I'm here for way longer.

After eating dinner and all they finally decided to leave. I gave Karen and Manny both huge hugs. After them both I gave Madison a hug and right when I was about to hug Shawn he said he forgot his phone inside and he told his parents and Madison to leave. They did as they were told and Shawn ran inside to get his phone. Mom and dad went upstairs to get changed. I was walking to the living room to check on Shawn. Right when I was about to walk in he walked out fast causing me to bump into his chest once again and making me lose my balance.

Right when I was about to fall he catches me by my waist with a swift move. He looks me in the eyes for a moment while I hold his arms and he holds my waist. We get closer and closer until our faces are only inches apart. I realize what we are about to do and pull my head back and clear my throat. I can't kiss him. He has a girlfriend, who is my ex best friend. Damn how much I wanted to just attack his lips.

"Uhh, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." I say looking down.
"It's fine." he says chuckling as well.

We walk towards the door.

"It was so nice tonight. I missed you being around. Are we.....friends?" he asks me when we reach the door. I think about it for a moment.

It's better than not having him in my life.

"Friends." I say hugging him.
"If you need anything just hit me up or just come by." he says and I nod smiling.
"See ya Mendes." I say waving at him.
"You too Shell." he says and I close the door resting my back on it.

At least we are friends.