My Secret Hideout

Melissa's POV
I woke up but this time in my bedroom. Why do I keep waking up at places?
I decided to get up but I was weak. I mean I am do feel better now but I'm still weak. I took my phone from my nightstand and looked at the clock.
Holly shit! I'm late for school. I guess the first lesson already started.
I got up immediatly but I got dizzy and sat back down. Okay Mel slow down. You can do this. I tried getting up again, slowly this time and successfully I got up. I slowly started walking down the stairs.

I could smell something incredible. Was it cookies?
I walked into the kitchen to find Shawn cooking.

"Good morning chef " I said smiling.
"Look the sleeping beauty is up. How are you feeling?" he asked while taking the muffins he made off the cooking tray.
"A little weak but okay I guess." I said trying to sit on the counter.

My arms were too weak and I couldn't just lift myself up. I guess he realized I was suffering.

"Here let me help." he said. He held my waist and lifted me up soo easily and put me on top of the counter and then got back taking the muffins off.

"Woah." I said absentmindedly.

He chuckled for a minute and then turned around so that he can face me.
"Yeah I work out." he said scratching the back of his neck. Okay that was hhhot.
"Oh umm how did we actually get here and where is my mum and why are you cooking muffins in my house?"
"Well you umm you were crying and you fell asleep on my chest so I fell asleep and then your mom woke me up and told me she handled with the paperwork and we could leave so she dressed you up while I waited outside, of course. I carried you to the car. She got a phone call and she had to leave for work so she asked me if I could stay and keep an eye on you. Well right now I'm baking muffins cause they are the second thing I love the most apparently." he said.
It actually took me a minute to understand what he said. Wait we slept together?

"Oh uhm how long is she gone?" I asked.
"For like a week or so, why? You don't want me here?" he said slightly chuckling.
"Are you kidding? I get to sleep under the same roof with my favorite superstar. Even me talking to you is a dream." I say and we laugh.
Shit. School.
"Oh I totally forgot, what about school? I mean I missed it again today."
"I don't think me telling you about that is right. I think you should call your mom." he said with a weird look on his face.
"Oh okay. Do you know where my phone is?" I asked slightly curious about what's going on.
"Nope but you can use mine if you want." he said handing me his phone.
"Okay thank you. I'll be right back." I said and got off of the counter and got inside the living room.
I dialed my mom's number and called her.
"Hi Shawn." she said picking it up.
"Oh hey mom it's me Mel." I said.
"Hi honey! How are you?"
"I am fine, I guess just a little sore umm. I was talking with Shawn and he told me to talk to you about school and all the other stuff." I said waiting for an answer.
"Honey I talked to Isabelle before getting out of the hospital yesterday and as she told you too, you have to stay away from stress and let your heart rest for a while so we decided to start online school for you. We tought it was the best choice." she said.
"You mean I don't have to go to school now?"
"No honey. And Shawn will be staying with us for a while now because he thinks this is his fault and he wants to make sure you're okay. Don't tell him I told you that though, okay?"
"Okay, yeah sure." I said with a stupid smile on my face.

Right then he entered the living room with two muffins and two coffee cups on a tray in his hands.
"Okay mom, I love you. Oh how long are you gone?"
"I really don't know honey but it seems like it might take long this time. But don't worry Shawn is going to stay with you." she said.
"Okay. See you soon. Love ya."
"Love ya too." she said and I hung up.
"Soo since you got your answers would you like to taste literal heaven and watch sonething?" asked Shawn.

"Yeah sure well I am curious about these muffins now Mendes."
"Oh you should be Shell."
I took one of the muffins from the tray which was looking delicious. I took a bite and I litterally went to heaven for a second.
"Holly shit what is this?!"
"What? You don't like it?" Shawn asked concerned.
"No I don't like it...I'm in love with it. You were right these are so good."
"You scared the shit out of me!" Shawn said. We both started laughing.

As I was eating my muffin I realized we didn't turn the tv on so I decided to turn it on. I was trying to reach the remote and I guess Shawn did too at the same time because we had inches between us and his hand was on mine and mine was on the remote.

My heart started beating like crazy and I knew this wasn't fine. I felt dizzy again and I guess that's when Shawn decided to pull away immediately cause I think he realized what was going on.

I slowly got the remote and turned the tv on. My fave cartoon was on.
"Omg this is my fave!" I yelled.

Well unlike my friend or people around me I have a little obsession with cartoons.
"Chill buddy you keep scaring me!"
I started laughing and after a few seconds he joined me too.

2 hours later
Shawn's POV
It's been two hours and we are still watching cartoons. I started feeling hungry and I decided to ask Mel if she was too and that's when I realized she fell asleep. I mean I get it, she is so sore and weak because of her heart.
I got up and put a pillow under her head. Her hair was so soft. Then I got this huge fluffy blanket and put it over her asleep body.
I went into the kitchen and opened the freezer and saw oven pizza. I decided to use my perfect cooking skills and bake them.
I put the pizza to the oven and decided to call my mum since I haven't called her today.

After I talked to my mom upstairs I got back downstairs and decided to check on Mel.
She was sleeping so peacefully. I got in to the kitchen to check if the pizza was ready. Thankfully I was right on time because if I baked it a little more it would've burned.
I took it out of the oven and while I was waiting for it to cool down I decided to wake Melissa up.

I went back in the living room and she was still sleeping. She looks extremely peaceful when she sleeps. I slowly bent down next to her and started running my fingers trough her hair. She is just perfect. "Why am I falling so hard for you." I said whispering to myself.
She moved a little and turned around tried opening her eyes but failed.
"Morning sleepy head." I said chuckling.
"Morning chef." she said with a sleepy voice.
"Alright now get your cute ass up and come to the kitchen, I made pizza."
"Alright mom." she said and a smile spread across her sleepy face.
"Come on."
"Ughh fine."

While eating
Mel's POV
"Why don't we go to the park after eating?" I suggested while I was stuffing my mouth with pizza.
"Yeah why not." he said doing the same.
"Okay let me go get ready I am full anyways. Thank you by the way, it was delicious."
"You're welcome. Meet me here in fifteen minutes?" he asked hesitantly.
"Yeah sure. You better be ready Mendes."
"Oh I will Shell." he said smiling.

I got upstairs and decided to take a shower. I used my fave strawberry shampoo.
I got out and picked out my outfit and did my hair.

I usually don't use that much of a makeup so I just put on a light shade of eyeshadow barely noticable a little amount of mascara and a strawberry lip balm

I usually don't use that much of a makeup so I just put on a light shade of eyeshadow barely noticable a little amount of mascara and a strawberry lip balm. Thankfully I was ready right on time so I went downstairs to see Shawn in black jeans and a white shirt with red vans. Let me tell you this boy dresses up well.
"Wow Mendes. Ready?" I said as I skipped the last step of the stairs.
"Ye-yeah. Let's go" he said looking at me up and down.
We headed out for the 'park'.
My secret hideout.