You Broke Me.

Peter's POV
When we arrive at the hospital I waste no time waiting, I start running inside.

"Help! Someone help!" I yell as we get inside. My mom cries as my dad tries to comfort her but it was obvious that he felt even worse. Mr. Mendes and Aaliyah were trying to get someone to take care of her.

Aaliyah gets a nurse to help us and they take her on a hospital bed and carry her inside an emergancy room.

"Are you her relative?" the male nurse asks Aaliyah.
"I'm her brother." I say looking at Aaliyah.
"She has to leave only her relatives can be in here at the moment to give us information." he says in a rush.

He pulls something which looks like a pencil out of his front pocket. Oh it was a light. He checks Melissa as he talks to me at the same time.

"What's her name?"
"Melissa, Melissa Shell." I say.
"How old is she?"
"18"
"Has anything like this happened before?"
I nod as he leades me to the corner of the room.
"She is actually sick. Uhm her heart is weak because of the stress she's been trough in the past and she was just healing. But whenever she stresses or forces her heart she just passes out. Is she gonna be ok?"
I ask afraid of the answer.
"Don't worry, we'll take care of her. Do you know who her doctor was?"
"No but m-my mom does. She's outside."
"Okay let's go. Don't worry, we're gonna help your sister." he says squeezing my shoulder as if he was trying to make me believe him.
I simply nod and we head out of the room.

Shawn's POV

I slowly open my eyes and a numb feeling washes over my head and body. Like something is missing. I slowly sit up and look around the living room.

There's a blanket over me. I push it off of me with my legs and get up only to sit back down because of my dizziness. I call out for my mom and she comes a few minutes later. She sits next to me and rubs my back.

"Are you okay baby boy?" she asks me.

Baby boy. She calls me that ever since I was a little boy. But right now I don't feel innocent like I was back then. Not even a bit.
I slowly shake my head no to answer her question.

"Look baby I don't want to push you so I'm gonna ask one last time. What happened out there?" she hasitantly asks me slightly afraid of my reaction.

I inhale and exhale deeply a few times before starting to talk.

"I was so dissappointed about her going to collage and not telling me sooner. I got outside to calm down. When...when she came behind me I couldn't hold myself. I started yelling at her mom. I-I broke her heart this time. I didn't do it on purpose mom I swear. I was so confused a-and heartbroken a-and I didn't know what to do. I love her so much that her happiness makes me sad." a few tears have slipped from my eyes as I tell her what happened.

"Look son I know you've made a mistake by yelling at her like that and she may have made a mistake by not telling you but I could tell she was nervous all night. Her mom told me that she hasn't come out of  her room once this week. She hasn't told you because she was afraid that this would happen and it did. You should've supported her but you didn't. If I wasn't your mom I would probably tell you that you've fucked up big this time but I am your mom and I know that you still have a chance to fix this."

"W-w-where is she?" I ask my voice shaking.
"They took her to the hospital."

We look at each other for a brief moment before she tells me to go and we both get in the car. My mom drives because I still have the effect of the chill pill on me.
I look out the window throughout the whole drive. When we finally arrive I get out of the car and we head to the information desk.

"Uhh we're here for Melissa Shell." I say to the old women behind the desk.

"4th floor room 241."
I mumble a quick thank you before jolting up the stairs not to wait for the elevator. When I reach the fourth floor I rush to find room 241.

Closer I get faster my heart beats. I start to feel like it's about to run out of my chest. There it is. Room 241.

I see Peter and his dad sitting outside the room. I reach them and as I do they both lift their heads up to look at me. As soon as Alexander looks at me he gets up his face red from anger.

"My daughter is in there because of you! What have you done! I swear to god if something has happened to her I will kill you!" he yells at my face as Peter tries to hold him. A nurse warns him to be quiet and he finally calms down after a few seconds.

"I'm sorry about my dad. He's not thinking straight bro." Peter says as he smiles at me sadly.
As I was about to say it's okay his mom comes out of the room.
"Shawn what are you doing here?" she asks worried.
"Hi uhm c-can I see her please?"  I practically beg her.
"Oh hell no!" Alexander yells as the nurses shushes him again.
"Mom he should go in." Peter says to her.
"Okay but please be gentle and take control of yourself."

I nod my head and slowly get in and close the door behind me. She is laying in her hospital bed looking to the other side, out of the window.

Her head shoots at my direction as she hears the door close.

"S-Shawn? W-w-what are you doing here?" she asks. She sounds scared.
"Melissa..." I say my voice above whisper. I reach out to hold her hand. Right when I do she pulls her hand back and puts her arms above her head in attempt to protect herself from me. It hurts. So much that I can't feel if I'm alive anymore.

"Mel I'm not gonna hurt you I jus-"
"No no! Please don't! Please!" she begs as I try to take her arms off of her head.
"Mel..." I whisper.
"No! Leave me alone! I don't want you here! You broke everything in me! You broke me!" she yells as the heart machine near her which is connected to her goes crazy.
She covers her ears and shakes her head as she says 'no' to herself.
"No! No! No! No no no! Get out! Get out!" She yells before slowly going numb and passing out once again. I rush out the door and beg for help, tell everyone she's passed out once again.

Seeing her afraid of me makes me realize what kind of a monster I've been towards her. I rest my back on the wall and slowly slide down. I pull my knees to my chest as I start to cry.

I'm gonna leave her alone like she wanted. I don't want to hurt her anymore. I've already fucked up. I feel dizzy and the last thing I remember is my head hitting something hard.