Why?

I wasn't feeling good today. Like something was missing. Like something bad was about to happen.

I got in to the kitchen and started making breakfast for Shawn and I. My mom was still on a trip. It's been like two months I'm starting to get curious.

I mean how long can a doctor go away for "business".
I decided to go with pancakes because, well why not.
I made the pancake mixture and poured it in the pan. I flipped it twice, waiting for it to have a goldish colour and when it did I took it from the pan and placed it on a plate.

Once i was done cooking I chopped some strawberries and bananas. I poured honey on them and then posted it on twitter saying "Someone's way too lucky 😉 @shawnmendes"

I carefully got upstairs to my room where Shawn was asleep. I quickly placed the tray on my desk and got in the bed next to him quietly.
I placed a kiss on his forehead after I admired his beautiful features. His adorable curly hair and perfect lips.
After I kissed him he slowly woke up and a smile formed on his lips.
"Good morning sleepy head." I say smiling along with him.
"Morning beautiful....wait what's this smell?" he asks sniffing the air.
"I swear you look like a dog right now." I say laughing.
"Seriously, what's this smell tho?" he asks.

I jump off of my bed and get the tray from my desk. Right when I was about to bring it to him I hear a car door slam outside. I look out of my window and the time stops. Everything around me is like in slow motion.

No this can't be real. I mean it's impossible.

"Mel?" Shawn says and gets up from the bed. He comes closer to me and places his hand on my shoulder and I drop the tray.
Everything on it shattered and some pieces cut my legs.
I was in shock. I started to feel dizzy again and my legs couldn't carry me anymore. I was about to fall when Shawn cought me and everything else is black.

Shawn's POV
Did she just pass out?! I need to take her to the hospital. I hold her bride style and storm out of the room. I carefully get downstairs and when I do I see Melissa's mom with a guy and a boy next to her. The guys is old like in his early fifties and the boy looks like he is 17 or something. He looks so much like Melissa. Besides he has ocean blue eyes. When her mom sees me holding her, her eyes widen.

"OH MY GOD! What happened?" she asks.
"There's no time to explain we need to take her to the hospital!" I say and rush out the door with her mom and the guy. She opens the door of the backseat and I get in Melissa still in my arms. The guys drives to the hospital and her mom starts crying. The guy holds her hand. What the hell?

Finally we reach the hospital and they take her from me. A nurse tells us to wait in the waiting room. All three of us get in there and wait. Her mom crying and the man comforting her. It's weird you know. Him being so close with her.

"Shawn what happened?" she asks.
"She woke me up and went near her window to her desk to get a tray of food. She looked out of the window and then she just froze. I got off of the bed and get near her when I touched her shoulder she dropped the tray that's why she has cuts on her legs. Then she passed out. I really don't know what happened." I say looking down at the last part.

The man and she looks at each other. That's it. I'm gonna ask.

"Uhmm sorry but who are you?" I ask and he looks at me.
"My name is uhh Alexander Shell. I'm Melissa's father." he says.
"What?!" I yell. "Do you know why she's here right now because you left her and now her heart can't take it. It's all your fault she came here 6 times last month! 6 fucking times because you left her!" I was beyond angry right now.

"Shawn calm down, please." her mom says. There's this crazy silence. His eyes watery. I think he is actually sad.

"Why? Why did you leave them all alone?" I ask my voice cracking. I'm about to cry.
"Because-"
"Hello Shawn. Hello Mrs.Shell." her doctor, Isabelle came in when he was about to answer.
"Well you may want to sit down." she says looking down.
"What? Is she ok?!" I ask tears threathing to pour out any second.
"Yes, yes she is a physically but she is not waking up."
"Wha- What does that even mean?" I ask.
"We tried waking her up but we think she might be in coma. We're not sure though all we can do right now is wait." she says with a sad expression on her face.
"Can I-uh-can I see her please?" I ask.
"Yeah but only for a few okay?"
"Yeah sure."

We slowly walk down the hallway and stop in front of a room. I inhale a long breath and open the door. I get in and close the door behind me.

I can't hold it in anymore. I start crying. She just lays there wires everywhere. That hurts me soo much. It's all that guys fault. Why is he even here.

Why?