Hit

The parents reported what Hoseok had told them to the police, and now the police were searching for the criminal. Hoseok remembered the house number and street, telling the officers. The parents and their son had to stay at the police station and wait.

~

Yoongi carried Jimin into his room, setting him on the bed. "Look at me, Jimin." The hyung said sternly. Jimin cried and tried to act innocent, but it didn't work. "You do not hit your brother. You will stay here in time out for five minutes."

   Jimin whined, but stayed put. Yoongi closed the door and walked back out into the front yard. He saw Jungkook and Taehyung playing with chalk on the sidewalk. "Be careful with the maknae, Tae. I'm going inside to get a snack." Yoongi said.

   Taehyung nodded and continued drawing scribbles on the grey concrete. Yoongi walked back inside, drinking apple juice and eating popcorn for a few minutes. Once he finished, he went to get Jimin out of the room.

   They walked down the stairs and out the front door. Yoongi looked up, seeing Jungkook standing in the middle of the road. "Yah, yah! Jungkook! Get out of the ro-" Yoongi's entire world stopped.

   A silver flash of light blinded Yoongi, and when he opened his eyes again, he saw Jungkook, lying limp in a pool of red. He saw a car in front of the baby, as a woman jumped out and started hysterically crying out and screaming.

   Yoongi stood in shock. He heard Taehyung's whimpering cries, and saw the toddler running towards the maknae. "TAEHYUNG-AH COME HERE!" Yoongi screamed running and grabbed the boy's hand and yanking the two children inside.

~

   Jin thanked the man as the three of them walked out the door. While Namjoon was checking the family out of the police station, the woman at the desk got a call. She looked at Joon in shock.

   After a few minutes, she slowly put the phone down and hung her head. "What is it?" Joon asked. "Mr. Kim... it's Jungkook..." Namjoon's eyes widened. He then darted out the door, jumping in the car. The other two ran in.

   Joon drove frantically home, where they saw the scene. Jin screamed and cried out for Jungkook, Hoseok stayed silent in shock, and Joon felt tears sting at the corners of his eyes. He saw Yoongi kneeling next to the baby.

   An ambulance and police car showed up and the paramedics rushed to the baby. Yoongi was crying hysterically and wouldn't leave Jungkook's side. Hoseok ran to him, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him backwards.

   Yoongi screamed and cried harder. Hoseok pulled him to the side of the road, as the hyung turned and hugged Hoseok tight. Hoseok hugged him back, staring at the scene as tears fell down his cheeks.

   "Cmon, let's go inside and comfort the maknaes..." Hoseok said, pulling Yoongi up and leading him back inside the house. They went to the maknaes, and the four children hugged one another, waiting to find out what had happened.

~

   Jin was still sobbing, but he'd stopped screaming. That's when the reality hit Namjoon like a train. He kneeled down, hiding his face in his arms and sobbing loudly. He cried out believing he'd just lost his own son.

---

oof
- Kayla