Hope

"911, whats your emergency?" "My son, uh, we can't find him at all, we've been looking for hours, and he isn't in the area, we really need a search party to find him..." Jin said in panic. "Are you sure you've scanned all around the area?" "Yes, ma'am." "And how old is he?" "Nine years old."

   "Boys, stay here, please keep an eye out for Hoseok but don't leave the house without Yoongi." Namjoon instructed to the boys as Jin continued the call. Within minutes, police cars showed up outside and they talked with the police about what was happening.

~

   Hoseok sat, sighing to himself. There was no way he'd ever be home now. He walked around a park, seeing mothers and fathers playing with their children happily. Hoseok thought his parents and siblings didn't love him like the families at the park. 

   Suddenly, he saw a police car park near where he was walking. A man stepped out, staring at the boy. He walked to him, stopping him. "Hey buddy, whatcha doing out here all alone?" He asked Hoseok.

   "O-Oh, I'm just taking a walk. I come here all the time." Hoseok lied. "Oh, alright. Well, may I ask you some questions?" He said. "Oh, sure." He said, feeling nervous. They sat down on a bench as the man took out some papers with pictures.

   This boy here went missing earlier today, and I noticed you look quite like him. Know him at all?" The man asked, showing him a picture of the boy. Hoseok's heart jumped. "No, I've never seen him before in my life." Hoseok lied straight to the officer.

   "Hm, alright, sorry to bother ya' sir. Have a good day." The man said, smiling at Hoseok and walking back to his car. Hoseok breathed a breath of relief, knowing that his family might be looking for him.

~

   It had been three days, and no Hoseok. Namjoon sat all the kids down on the couch, as he and Jin stood in front of them. "Boys, we need to explain something about this crisis. It's gonna be harsh, but that doesn't make it any less real." Jin started.

   The boys sat silently, hoping there was no bad news. Namjoon sighed and explained. "So, since Hoseok's been gone for a pretty long amount of time, there's chances that someone has found him and did bad things to him. It's terrible, but he may not still be alive."

Out of nowhere, Jungkook burst into tears. Namjoon grabbed him and hugged him. "Hosoooook~" He whined. "Shh, its alright, he could still be alive..." Joon comforted the crying baby. Jungkook continued to sob, and the parents knew there was nothing they could do to calm him.

~

Hoseok walked down a sidewalk full of small homes. It was nighttime, so it was dark, and he could barely see where he was walking. He heard a door open, and noticed a bright yellow light seem to shine from the front door of one of the homes.

"Young man, are you lost?" Hoseok turned towards the light, seeing a nice looking elder man walking towards him from the door. "O-Oh, actually, yes I am..." Hoseok said. "How'd you get lost? Do you need me to call someone?" He asked.

"Well, I actually ran away from home. Please don't bring me home!" Hoseok begged. "Oh, in that case, I won't tell anyone. Why don't you come in here and warm up? It's so cold out here, you must be freezing." The man replied. "Oh, okay. I guess for a little bit." Hoseok said, following the man into the home.

~

Five days had passed. There was still no Hoseok. At this point, Jin seemed hopeless. He was accepting that his own son might be dead and might never come home. But Namjoon knew that he should keep hoping and praying for their son to finally come home.

---

Oof

- Kayla