Strength

Jin held the phone to his ear. The ringing stopped and he knew Namjoon had answered. "Hey." Jin said. He heard some sniffling, then a soft, "Hi." "What do you mean you weren't strong enough?" Jin said a bit angrily. "Please don't get mad, I can't take anything negative anymore." Namjoon said, making Jin feel extremely guilty. "Honey, I'm not mad. Please come visit me." 

~

 The doorknob turned and the door opened, revealing a crying Namjoon. "Darling, come here." Jin held his arms out. Namjoon ran to him, laying in the bed and cuddling next to Jin. "I feel l-like it's all my-y faul-ault..." Namjoon said in between sobs. "It isn't anyone's fault. I promise our baby will be okay." Jin paused.

 This was just like when he was crying and Namjoon said the same thing to him. Jin remembered how everything turned out to be okay. He didn't know about this time.

 "Why don't you and I visit the kids when I'm released later today. It'll make us feel better." Jin suggested. Namjoon rubbed his nose and nodded. He cuddled closer to Jin and they lied there, closing their eyes and comforting each other.

~

 Jin thanked the lady at the desk as they walked out and into the car. They drove to the same house they had last time, knocking on the door. The door opened and they were greeted with Jimin and Taehyung jumping on them.

 "Hi boys, where's your hyung?" Jin asked happily. "He's on the couch. I think he kind of needs you right now." Jimin said. Namjoon stood up and sat on the couch next to Yoongi. "It's alright. We just have to keep hoping and praying for him." Namjoon said. 

 "This is because of me." Yoongi said, almost emotionless. "Min, it isn-" "It is! Hoseok told me that he could be allergic to it because of all his other allergies but I forced him to do it and now he's going to die!" Yoongi yelled, turning and curling up. A sob broke past his lips.

 Jin walked to him, picking him up and hugging him tightly. "You did nothing. He could've kept saying no, Yoongi, it isn't you." Jin said, holding his son so that they were face to face. "But I can't let him take the blame for it..." Yoongi said, looking down.

 "Hyung, everyone makes bad choices! It's too late for us to be mad at him!" Jimin said, running to Jin's side and tugging on Yoongi's leg. Jin put the boy down so that he could talk to Jimin.

 "And he isn't dead, he's fighting! We should hope that he will be strong through this, too!" Jimin said. "He's right." Namjoon said, patting the couch for Yoongi to come and sit again. Yoongi sat next to his father, wrapping his arms and legs around Joon's arm. 

 "He's J-Hope. He is full of hope. We just have to be the same." Namjoon said. Yoongi smiled a bit, noddding in agreement.

~

 The family sat quietly in the waiting room. They'd just picked up Jungkook from therapy, and the surgery was expected to only have about fifteen more minutes. Five minutes passed, then ten, then fifteen. The Kim family held their breaths.

 They waited a few minutes. No nurses calling Namjoon's name. But, it finally happened. A nurse walked out, saying, "Mr. Kim?" Namjoon stood up and followed her back to the doors of the recovery room. "Mr. KIm, it seems the surgery was..." She looked down at her clipboard.

 "It was a success." She said. Namjoon's worried face turned to the biggest smile he's ever smiled. "Really?" Namjoon said. "Yes. Your son is in there, he is breathing and the doctors are going to take his blood, then maybe a urine sample if he wakes up today." 

 "You may go back to the waiting room and tell the family the good news. Congratulations." She said. Namjoon thanked her then started walking away. "Mr. Kim?" She said. "Yes? He replied, turning back to her. 

 "Great job. You really stayed strong." Namjoon nodded, smiling and walking away.

---

YAYYYYYYYY

- Kayla