Sick (Part Two)

"Jimin, stay with Yoongi." Namjoon said, running back outside to find the baby. Jimin ran to his hyung and cried in his arms. Jin ran and hugged the children, relieved that Jimin was back and safe.

 Namjoon searched for the baby all night. By the time it was midnight, Jin dropped the kids off at Namjoon's parents' house so that they could solve this problem without worrying the kids too much. They called in a search party for the missing baby. Everyone was looking for Jungkook.

~

 Jin walked into the police station, checking in and walking to a certain room. He found Namjoon sitting in a chair, his head resting on his hand, his eyes baggy and droopy. It was the morning after Kook went missing, and the couple hadn't slept at all the night before.

 Jin sat next to the mourning man. "He's a baby, how could he have gone so far away so fast?" Namjoon said, letting out a stressful sigh. Jin wanted to tell Namjoon that Jungkook could've been kidnapped, but that would make it even worse. 

 Both of their heads shot up as an officer walked into the room and sat at the desk in front of them. "Mr. and Mrs. Kim, we have some camera evidence of your son. Police are investigating this location as we speak." The man said, showing the camera video shot from a security camera nearby.

 Jungkook was stumbling around, asking people walking by for help and that he was lost. Nobody payed attention to him. He sat on the sidewalk, crying for a while. He then stood up and walked off, seemingly into the road and across the street.

 The phone on the desk started ringing. The officer answered it and said a few yes' and no's.  He then put it down and slowly looked up at the couple with a worried face. "It seems that the officers hear crying coming from a certain room, but the door is barricaded shut.

 Jin and Namjoon in panic followed the officer into his car as they drove to the scene. Once they got there, Jin was brought close to the door to possibly identify the crying. Jin closed his eyes and listened to the sobbing.

 He nodded. "That's Jungkook." He said, running back and jumping into Namjoon's arms. He started crying and panicking, fearing his son was hurt.

~

 Hours passed and there was no update on what was happening. But, eventually, an officer ran up to them and told them the door had been opened and they'd found the baby. He was hurt but not significantly. 

 Three officers came out of the home, holding him carefully and gently placing him on the ground on his back. He was screaming in fear and pain. Namjoon and Jin ran to him and asked how he was. The men gave them an update but quickly made them back away so that they could treat him.

 Out of nowhere, Jin got a call from the hospital. "Mrs. Kim, your son's breathing is becoming very abnormal and his blood pressure is dropping fast. We don't know if he'll survive this or not." Jin's heart stopped as he felt the greatest panic attack ever hit him.

 Jin told Namjoon what was happening, making the two stressed out. Jin's face went pale and he started wobbling. Before Namjoon could notice, Jin had already passed out and was lying on the sidewalk.

~

~

~

~

~

 Jin opened his eyes to see he was in a hospital bed again. But this time, he was alone. There was no Namjoon to comfort him. No doctor telling him good news. Jin had no one.

 Jin just cried until a nurse finally entered the room. "Nurse, how are my kids? Is my baby okay? Is the other dead?" Jin said. "That's what I know. Now, I need you to collect yourself  before I update you on the boys' conditions." The woman said, sitting on a chair next to the bed.

 Jin took a deep breath and nodded at the nurse. "Alright, so, the baby. Jungkook is doing just fine and is having a great time in therapy. The police caught one man of a four-man group that is out to kidnap already missing children. So, that means your son saw some things no one should ever have to see."

 "But, for your older son, there is one surgery we can do that will only give him a 15-20% chance of living. But, without the surgery, it is a 0% chance. Your husband said that he will only accept the surgery offer if you do yourself." Jin nodded, thinking about it. 

 "I-I... I accept the offer. Better to have a small chance than no chance." Jin said. The nurse nodded. "Your husband is refusing to visit you because he feels it is his fault because he wasn't being strong." The nurse said, then leaving.

 Jin noticed his phone on the counter nearby. He reached and grabbed it, calling Namjoon.

---

:(((((((

- Kayla