Chapter 37: Eggsams

Start from the beginning

"Whatever you get to do with it, I can't wait to see," Dawn said after a moment, finally handing Ash the Key Stone back. "I just wish I'd managed to win it," she admitted, Shauna and Tierno nodding in agreement.

"Maybe we can all find a Key Stone," Tierno suggested, looking over to Trevor. "Trevs, you never mentioned, how did you get yours?"

"Oh," Trevor chuckled nervously, turning a little and watching as the doors opened at the entrance to the dining hall, Marie walking in with her Happiny in her arms. "Well...you see-"

"Guys!" Ash looked up in surprise as Marie rushed towards them, her eyes going to him and Dawn. "Ash! Dawn! Professor Sycamore wants to see you!"

"What? About the IPL?" Dawn asked, sitting up a bit straighter. It was a bit strange, since they'd only been called by Professor Sycamore once, when they'd been declared captains of the teams.

"I guess so," Marie said, shrugging as she sat down, helping herself to some of the fruit that Dawn was now leaving on the table as she sat up. "Doesn't seem like anything bad, though. He seemed kind of excited. Some kind of special event or something."

Dawn looked over to Ash as he stared blankly, wondering just what it could be for. "Come on, Ash, let's go!"

"Huh...oh right!" He quickly got up, taking one last bite of food, and then followed after Dawn, waving to his friends as he did so.

The two of them quickly made their way through the crowds of students and then out of the dining hall and into the lobby of the Greninja building, noticing Professor Sycamore waiting for them near the front doors. He seemed to be holding some envelopes in his hands, smiling over at the pair as he finished talking to a student that had been with him. As he noticed her leaving, Ash realized she looked a lot like Jessie's disguise during the tournament. This was confirmed as he and Dawn reached the Professor.

"That was Julie, in case you were wondering," he said, looking out the window as the girl walked away, a spring in her step as she reached the sidewalk and turned away. "I felt she deserved a bit of a consolation prize, given what happened with Team Rocket, so she was just collecting a Froakie, who just arrived from a breeder a few days ago."

"That's great!" Ash said, happy that the girl had managed to get something out of Team Rocket's meddling. He was sure she would've liked to participate, but getting a new Pokemon was definitely a positive, and maybe even the best prize of all. "Next time, Team Rocket won't stand a chance against her!"

Sycamore laughed at that, looking back at Ash. "Even if they do show up again, I doubt they'll have anything that can match Hala's Z-Move."

"Z-Move?" Ash and Dawn asked at the same time, before the latter seemed to realize what Sycamore was referring to. "Was that the move that Hala used with that Crabominable?"

Sycamore nodded. "Yes, it was quite impressive, wasn't it? I would love to learn more about it, as it seems somewhat similar to Mega Evolution. There was definitely a very strong connection between him and his Pokemon."

"Do you think he might teach us about it while he's here?" Ash asked excitedly, wondering if he could teach his Pokemon how to use powerful moves like that. When he'd noticed how tired Hala had seemed after using it, it had made him think of some of the moves he'd used with Greninja. It might be good training for us if I can learn to use that kind of power.

"I suppose you'll have to ask Hala about that when you meet with him this week, but I'm sure he'll be excited to talk about one of his fields of expertise." Sycamore then paused, looking at the envelopes in his hand, before looking back at Ash and Dawn. "As for today, though, we've got something else to look forward to. This morning, I received an invitation for a special event that Coumarine College will be hosting this weekend."