SOF: Chapter 80

William's apartment is on the Upper East Side and has- just like our apartment- a view over the Central Park. Not as breathtaking as our's but yet, it's pretty damn nice view. We walk into the champagne colored, decorated for the first Christmas Day, living area which is filled with blabbering humans. All dressed in champagne or cream colored tuxedos or glamorous dresses, holding glasses filled with the delicious beige liquor I am not able to drink. The age varies: from people in William's age to little kids running around. No matter the money at the bank- child is child. But the bloodline is clearly visible. Either way people have Richard's hair colour, ears, cheekbone or the significant dimple. But every Faulkerson member definitely has this glamorous attitude. They all look as if  they're from one bloodline- one big happy family.

"Maine." I hear someone calling my name and turn around.

William, dressed in a cream coloured tuxedo, walks over to us. Richard turn around as well. "Richard..." he says, hugging him right away. I smile, after 26 years they finally found each other. "Welcome." He says to both of us smiling.

We both return his smile.

"Are you ready to meet everyone?" He asks us.

Richard laces his fingers with mine, before he looks briefly into my eyes. "Yes. Let's meet my family."

"Good." William says before we follow him. "Everyone, a minute please!" He says in a loud voice. The blabber stops within a second and all head turn over to Richard. Even the kids stop running around. It's completely silent- well, soft classical music is still playing in the background. "I called you all together not only because it's the first Christmas Day and it's a family tradition of the Faulkersons  to all get together. This year will be even more special. Because this woman has made my only Christmas wish come true. She brought me and my son together. For that, I can't thank her enough. And now you get to meet them as well." He says smiling.

I feel the tears building up in my eyes- clearly I am not the only one. Nearly every female Faulkerson member has tears in their eyes as well. Oh,so it's not the hormones.

"This is Nicomaine Mendoza and my son Richard Faulkerson." William says with the most proud smile I've ever seen. A smile filled with pure love and happiness. The best part? Richard is reflecting this smile. A smile so wonderful, I wish I'd see it more often.

Within a blink of an eye, they all storm over to Richard, coating him a thousand conversations at the same time. But being a Faulkerson, Richard does not seem to be overwhelmed. No, he's all cool, handling conversation in his business manners.

I smile, yep that's my fiancé. My perfectly charming fiancé....

I turn around and see a smiling William. I walk over to him. "Seems like he's adjusting just fine to his big family."

"He's a true Faulkerson. We don't get overwhelmed. Never." He says smiling to me.

"They already love him."

"They already love you as well Nicomaine. You're part of him. Just looked he's part of you." William says to me, eyeballing me for the first time. I'm wearing a royal blue Chanel dress with nude Louboutins and diamond earrings. "You guys are a package. A package of ho will get married soon as I can see."

Oh. We should have told him that earlier. Shouldn't we? Crap! I smile, holding up the left hand. "Yes. I'm sorry we haven't told you earlier. It just...."

"Everything happened very fast, I know. It's was a last minute call from me to invite you guys. You know, this year it was actually Juri's turn to host the Christmas dinner. He's Richard's cousin." He says pointing at a dark haired man. Next to him is a beautiful blonde, wearing a floor length white dress with a huge cutout at the back. She looks breathtaking. Behind them are their hiding children- a blonde girl about six and a little boy about 4. Are they afraid of Richard?

"I cancelled it two days ago, saying that I was going to hold a dinner this year. I send each family a private plane to get them to New York, saying that I had a surprise for them. If only they knew it were a new family member, then they might have come earlier."

And if only they knew it were actually two new family members, they might have come in a blink of an eye, I think silently.

"And congratulations, Nicomaine." He says hugging me softly, "you really are worth becoming a Faulkerson."

A Faulkerson who's caring a Faulkerson. Oh if only they knew..... "Thank you, Will."

He returns my smile, "Have you guys set a date yet?"

"Sometime in March maybe..."

"Do you have a wedding planner?"

A wedding planner? Of course, the rich people don't plan everything themselves. "No, not yet."

"Then you should take Mindy White. She's Richard's aunt who got remarried. Horrible story actually with the divorce but never mind. She's wonderful at her job and has already planned all the weddings of the superstars around the world."

I nod, "I'll make sure to ask her if she's free."

"She'll make time. After all, we're talking about family here..."

Family. I smile. "Okay. I'll ask her."

"I am very happy that he choose you, you know. You guys are perfect for each other. I can see how you flourish around each other-how much love you feel for each other."

I feel a tear rolling down my cheek. God, why is he so good at describing things?!

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry, Maine..." William apologised.

I shake my head, "It's.....I'm fine. Just the hormones." Hormones. Fuck! I bit my lip right away. I shouldn't have slip that!

"Hormones?" He ask back confused. Then he smiles. "Are you guys trying to...Oh. Okay."

I blush right away and shake my head, "No, Will. That's really not what I meant... I just..." Crap. There's no way of talking myself out of this situation.Crap!

"I just hope I will get at least one grandchild from you guys. It will be the most beautiful grandchild in the world."

If you only knew what he will get at the end of May...I smile at William, " I promise you, you won't get disappointed."

"Good. I mean you can see the children running around. Yet none of them is my grandchild."

I smile softly at him. "I know what you mean. It's an amazing apartment."

"Thanks to my son. He arranged the deal. It's weird that my son has more power than I do...."

"You'll get used to it. I did as well." I say smiling, watching Richard talking to several men. He's adjusting just fine. He had found his destination. His bloodline. His family.

Enjoy reading😊