SOF Chapter 89

Two months later:

I take a deep breath before I turn around.

"Aw, you look so beautiful, Maine!" Patricia says to me. She's wearing a champagne colored dress. All bridesmaids are wearing the same color, but not the same cut, since there isn't a cut which fits all body types. And you should even as a bridesmaid look good. "And no one can tell that you're already in your 24th week." my best friend ensures me smiling.

Just like Patricia, I am wearing Vera Wang on my wedding day. Unlike her I am not wearing a ball gown like dress. I chose a silk old-Hollywood styled dress with a v-cut in the front and back. It's classical and timeless. Plus, it suits my 24th weeks pregnant body perfectly since I still don't have a baby bump. I don't know why, but it seems like the baby doesn't want to show any visible signs yet. Addison says that it could happen. It's very rare, but it happens. I call myself lucky.

But that's also why we decided to keep it a secret until we're married. No one but Patricia knows about the pregnancy. It's still our secret.

A female secret with no name yet.

The door opens and Valerie walks in. The Grey beauty is also wearing a champagne colored dress. Her hair is up in a messy updo, her make up is light. She looks nice.

"Patty, I need to talk to you for a second." Valerie says to Patricia.

"Oh okay..." she says confused before she disappears out of my hear range.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and can't believe the person who is staring back at me. A person who will be married in only an hour. A person who will be a mother in only 16 weeks. A person whose life has changed a lot in the last months.

But in the reflection I can also see a worried Patricia and a worried Valerie. Something is wrong.

I turn around and look at the two women, who still seem to be discussing something.

"What's wrong?" I ask them.

"Honey, nothing is wrong..." Patricia ensures me, faking her best smile yet.

"Valerie, what the hell is going on?!" I ask the other Grey woman.

"I... I-"

"Valerie!" I hiss at her.

"Richard is freaking out." she says in one breath.

Patricia hits her right away, "You could have used some better words!"

"What... What do you mean, he's freaking out?!" I yell at her. "How can he freak out!"

"Maine, he is just..." Valerie starts to explain as I pass her. "Where is she going?"

"Oh no..." Patricia breaths out as I storm down the hallway.

I knock on the wooden door as loud as I can. I can hear whispers before the door opens. Samuel is looking at me. "You shouldn't be here."

"Is he in there?"

"Yes, but-"

"Close your eyes!" I yell into the room. Although our love story isn't like one out of the fairy tale, I shouldn't dare to play with fate. A groom shouldn't see his bride in the wedding dress before the wedding - even I know that.