SOF Chapter 17

The next morning Patricia wakes me up.

"Meng, I called you. You must've slept pretty deep."

I open my eyes and stare at her which leans above me. She is not only already awake, she was jogging as well I growl and look at my alarm. Six thirty in the morning. Oh god, I slept nine hours!

"Why are you already awake?!" I ask her as I slowly get up, "And why the hell did you go running?!"

Patty shrugs and smile at me, "I was in the mood."

"You never go running."

"But you always go running. Come on, get up and run a couple rounds in the Central Park.
It's amazing."

I nodd and yawn as I stretch myself, "Yeah, I should run a couple rounds in the Central Park....I haven't been running for almost two days."

She laughs, "You're a real junkie!"

I shrugg as I change into my running clothes. "Yeah, maybe...But it keeps me fit. As healthy as I can be in my condition."

"Which reminds me, Dr. Luna called yesterday evening."

"Really? What did he want?" I ask her as her as I get into my running shoes.

"He just wanted to know if you were okay..."

"good...That's good." I say and smile relieved. I look at the watch again 6:45 a.m.. Enough time to at least go running for a good thirty minutes. "She you in thirty minutes, Patty."

"Yeah...." Patty agree as she walks into the bathroom.

I put the headphones in my ears as I start running in the middle of the already awake city. The asphalt under my feet feels good. With every step I take, I feel better. My head gets clearer with every new step. The music from my Phone makes me want to run faster, clearing my head even faster.

Thirty minutes later the sweat is running down my body as I unlock the front door of the apartment. I get out of my shoes and I loose my ponytail to let my hair fall on my shoulders.

"Hi." Patricia greets me, sitting at the dining  table, drinking a cup of coffee.

"You already made coffee?" I ask her as I reach her. I take out a cup from the cupboard and pour coffee in int. I take a sip and close my eyes, yeah I really need coffee right now.

"You usually don't drink coffee. What's wrong?" Patricia ask me worried.

"Nothing wrong." I lie and take a sip. My head is clear now. I know what to do

"You got mail." It's AC Architectures. I applied there for an internship months ago. "I thought they already forgot me."

I get it from her. It's from AC Architectures. I applied there for an internship months ago. " I thought they already forgot me."

"Guess not." she says as in the letter, "What does it say?"

I smile, "I got it! I got the internship! I have the freaking internship!"I say grinning.

She hugs me right away, "That's great!"

"I know, right?! Thank god I got it."

"When will you start?"

"On Monday." I say reading the letter again. I smile before I remember that Richard will pick me up soon. "I'm gonna shower." I inform her before I walk into my room again.