SOF Chapter 24

"Hello?" I ask into  the silent apartment as I close the front door behind myself. Everything's so still. So totally not normal.

"Meng!" I hear Patricia saying. Seconds later she runs out of her room and into my arms. "You're back."

"Of course  I'm back. What, did you think I eloped with Richard and got secretly married to him."

She shrugs, "Could be an option. But I thought you killed yourself and then Richard."

"Which is impossible, but no I did not. We're still alive. Although after yesterday evening, I'd rather not." I say as I place my purse on the table.

"I know, it was horrible. Samuel and I left just five minutes after you and Richard did." Patricia explains and throws herself on the couch.

"What....What did she say about me?"

"Who?"

"Valerie."

"Horrible things. About both of us. I didn't understand everything, since my French is not nearly as perfect as her's or Samuel's or Richard's is. But what I did understand sounded horrible." Patricia says, her eyes filled with sorrow.

"Tell me. I have to know."

Patricia sighs, "She said you're just some whore Richard found at the corner of a street. She said you don't fit into this world and never would. It may have worked out in Pretty Woman but this is no movie. This is real life and he should find himself someone better. Someone in the same...Someone wealthy, I guess."

"Someone like you." I say and she looks at me for a second before she continues.

"She said you're probably after his money and can't wait to get more presents from him. She said you're a slut for showing up there, dressed in Gucci dress you could never afford to buy. She called you a hoe for being with him and she knew everything. When you guys were in the door frame, at edge of leaving she yelled after him 'Go and fuck your whore. She's the only thing you have left."

WOW. Ouch. "That hurts. She's a real bitch." I say, not knowing how to handle this situation. "What happened after we left?"

"She apologized right away. She had no idea what has gotten into her. I guess seeing Richard with you freaked her out."

"Do you think she's in love with him? Her own brother?"

Patricia shakes her head, "No. She's sick."

"What?"

"She's  bipolar."

"Oh my God. Does Richard know?"

"No. That's why he freaked out. Only Samuel, Meredith and Derek know."

"Not Mark?"

"Well, he obviously know it now. Valerie is one of Derek's patients. That's why she's here. She needs to get new medications."

I nodd, "Well, it makes sense."

"She's a nice girl."

"To you."

"She will be a nice girl to you in the future as well."

If there will be a future. "Why doesn't Richard know the truth?"

Patricia shruggs, "I don't know. I guess, the time was never right. When he's with Valerie, the woman seems to be always happy. Always normal. Herself in a way. But yesterday...She run out of her meds. Guess that's one reason why she freaked out as well. She couldn't control herself anymore. She felt like you were taking him away from her. The only one who understands her."