SOF: Chapter 43

GIVING UP????

He's leaving me. Again. That's all I can think about. for the rest of the evening, my mind is playing tricks on me. Imagining him with Alexandra. Him being with her. Enjoying her. Having more fun with her than with me. Kissing her as passionately as he kisses me. Laughing his heart out with her. Letting her touch him, just  like he lets Natalie touch him.

Natalie. Oh, I already hate that bitch! She seems so.....So not over him. So ready to be one of his girlfriends again. So ready to be with him.

"Are you okay?" I hear Richard's voice ringing in my ears as I watch the moving images from the limo.

I don't answer. My aching heart doesn't let me answer. I can't share him. My heart won't let me. I can't bare him being with another woman. I can't...

"Maine?" I hear him asking. Gosh, this voice is breaking my heart.

The limo stops in front of his building and I step out.Without any words. I walk into the elevator and push the penthouse button as soon as Richard steps into the elevator as well.

"What's wrong?" he ask me as he stares at me.  Gosh, how can this man be a polyamorist? Why can't it be easy with him? Why can't he be like a normal man?

I can't share him. It's ripping me apart. He's breaking my heart every time he leaves me. Every time he replaces me with another woman. Another woman out of his eight relationships. I can't be with someone who doesn't love me. Who doesn't like me enough to decide to change his lifestyle. I can't be with someone who doesn't return my feelings. I can't be with someone who.....

I step out of the elevator, trying hard to avoid the tears from falling down my cheeks. I can't be with the one I love, because he has seven other women.

"Maine," he turns me around by placing his hands on my shoulder. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I wipe away the tears and take a deep breath, "I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" his eyes show me the confusion which he is feeling right now.

I shake my head, letting the tears from falling down to my cheeks. Although I know that being with him is painfuller that being with out him, my mind tells me to stay. But  my aching heart says no. "I can't do this. I can't be with you Richard."

"Maine, I-"

"I'm sorry." I say and kiss him softly.

"Why?" he ask me as I walk back tot he elevator.

I sigh, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"Because I love you and I can't share you." I say as I step into the elevator.

He doesn't say anything. He's silent.

The elevator doors and he lifts his head. His eyes are filled with tears as well. I can't look at him. I look down as the elevator starts moving, So, I'm leaving him. Leaving the man I love. Leaving my heart with him. My heart which shatters into a thousand pieces as soon as I step out of the building.

I pick up my dress and starts to walk down the streets of New York. I let the tears fall down as i stop and hold out my hand, to catch a cab.

Within a seconds a cab stops and I get in.

"Where to Miss?"

"120 West 116 Street." I say and look at the moving images of New York as the cab starts driving. With tears rolling down my cheeks, I try not to cry loudly.

A couple of minutes later the cab stops I get out and pay the taxi driver.

I walk into the building in which my apartment is. with every step I take towards my apartment, I feel my heart cracking  a little more.

I open the door and get greeted by silence. It's good that Patricia isn't home. At least she's having a good time. Enjoying herself with Samuel. Having normal, solid relationship. A relationship based on love. Something I will never have with Richard.

I close the front door and lean against the wall, breathing heavily, letting my sorrow take control of me. As my legs can't hold me up, I sink on the floor, crying heavily. Black mascara colored, tears roll down my face and ruin my dress. It's such a beautiful dress. But I can't stop crying. I can't stop.

After minutes I hear the front door unlocking.

"Okay, I'll just throw some clothes into the suitcase." I hear Patricia whispering as she walks to the apartment.

"Maine?" she asks me shocked as she notices me sitting on the floor in the hallway.

I sob and wipe away the tears.

"Honey, what's wrong?" she asks me, kneeing down.

"Nothing." I lie and wipe away the black tears. Damn it, I just can't stop crying!

"It sure doesn't look like nothing." she says and get seated next to me. "What happened?"

I rest my head on her shoulder and cry everything out. All the complications. All the disappointments. All the missed love. Everything I want and he doesn't.

"Sh...." she tries to calm me down, hugging me softly.

I sob into her shirt, filling with dark spots as the tears roll down to my cheeks.

"Everything's going to be alright..."

I look at her and she wipes away the black tears,

"Would you like a cup of hot tea?"

I nodd and let the tears just roll down my cheeks.

"Come on get up. I'm going to make you a cup of tea." she says and hold her hand for me.

"What about Samuel?" I ask her as I calmed down a little bit, "I mean, he's waiting for you."

"You're more important to me than Samuel. We're like family." she says as she gets me seated. "I'll explain it to him."

I sob, "Didn't you guys want to fly away?"

She shruggs, "Paris can wait."

"Patty..."

"No, Maine. Paris will wait. I'll be right back." she says before she walks out of the apartment. I hear her whispers something to Samuel and she him nodding before he kisses her softly. Then she walks back to the apartment.

"You didn't have to send him away. You guys could fly to Paris anyway. I'll be fine."

"You call crying black mascara tears and sitting sobbingly on the floor, being fine?!" she ask me back as she fills the electric kettle with water.

"No, I won't leave you, Maine. I can't leave you just like that." she says as she get seated across me.

'What happened?"

"I broke up with him." I say sobbing and feel her hand on mine seconds later.

vote..comment..share...

thank you!!!