SOF: Chapter 72

Another heartbreaking chapter.....

He just...

Left me. Without any regrets. Without turning around he walked away. away from me. From the situation. From me. From my pregnancy. From our child.

I didn't call him in the first few days. I figured, he should have some time to think. But it's been a week. A week in which I didn't see or heard him.

It's been pure torture.

Miss Santos came two days after he left me. I sent her home. told her she should have a nice Christmas and A Happy New Year. I told her some lies. The best I could form in such a situation. Does she already know what happened?! I hope not.

I don't know if his decision is finale. I don't know if he really leaving me. But he already left me. No, he left us. His child and me. Us.

Am I suppose to leave the penthouse? Is this his way of kicking me out? His way of signalizing me that it's over?-this time forever.

Why is he so confusing? Why can't he be like...Fact is, he isn't like everyone else. That's why I love him. Why I will always love him. No matter if he leaves us. No matter what he does, he will always be the love of my life and the father of our child. A child.

Man, I still can't believe I'm pregnant- although I feel it everyday in the afternoon when I start vomiting. every day at three p.m. vomit. Since a week now.

But that's okay....It shows me at least that I really am pregnant. That there were no wrong test results or anything. Gosh, I still haven't digest this news yet. Pregnant.Me?

Maybe I shouldn't  have told him. Maybe-

"Miss Mendoza?" I hear a nurse calling out my name.

I look up at the blonde in bright pink scrubs before I rise from the chair and walk away from the pregnant women. I walk down a thin, long hallway until I reach Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd's office.

She opens the door just a second before I reach her. She smiles at me as she shakes my hand with me, "Nicomaine, how nice to see you."

I fake smile, "Yes." I say as I walk into her office and lay down.

"So let's see how your baby is doing, shall we?" she says as she puts a cold gel on my bare stomach. A stomach in which a child is growing.

"I see Mr. Faulkerson is not here."

"Yeah, He is still at work. You know the last few days before Christmas are. It feels like the world is ending."

She laughs a little, "Tell me about it."

Suddenly I hear a loud swoosh sound.

"That's your baby's heartbeat. Sounds like a horse race doesn't it?" she explains smiling.

A horse race. I was at one once. With Richard. At the beginning of our relationship. A relationship with ups and downs-currently at it's worst down yet.

But this.....This sounds amazing. Better than any horse race. This is ......Amazing....

I smile. My very own little horse race. Mine and Richard's.

She smiles back at me before she points at the monitor, "And this little spot is your child."

It's really a tiny spot. That suppose to be our child?! That is going to be a human being in nine months? A real baby? It seems like a miracle. the second miracle actually.

"You're not very far. Fourth week." Addison says, "Would you like to have a picture?"

Fourth week. That means I got pregnant when.... At the wedding. How funny.