SOFChapter4

It a nice mild Sunday in May. The sun is shinning in the street aren't full of cars. Faulkerson looks from left and right before we cross the street. "Something you should remember, Miss Mendoza." He says and I can see a tiny smile on his lips.
I roll my eyes. "Where are we going to have a coffee?" I ask him,trying to sound casual as possible while my face is ref as a tomato.
"I know a nice little coffeeshop near the hotel, Miss Mendoza." He says as we walk down the road.
"Are you here more often? At the hotel, I mean. " I ask him,surprised by how elegant we seem to walk together. So you can walk elegant, my subconsciousness notices, why don't you do that more often? She ask with anger in her voice.
"Everytime Hale needs me I stat at the Regeant hotel. Each time the very same suite. They have an excellent service, Mendoza." he says as we slowly reach the coffeeshop.
I don't lnow what to say! About what the hell should we talk?
"What do you study at Hale?" He ask me.
"Architecture and Music. Music is for fun and Architecture for business."
"Which one do you like more?"
"Architecture, I believe..." I trail off.
It is indeed a small coffeeshop, but that's what make it cozy.
"Take a seat, I'll get us tge hot drinks. What kind of tea would you like, Miss Mendoza?"
"English Breakfast" I say to him with a soft smile on my lips.
He doesn't return my smile. Instead he let go of my hand and walks away from me. This man is confussing. So confussing. One moment he wants to drink coffee with me and the next he's acting like I am the ugliest person in the world. It doesn't like matter, he wants to drink coffee with you! My inner goddess says smiling. I nodd, agreeing with him gor once.
I find an empty pretty table quickly and get seated. I watch him standing in the que as he runs his fingers through his messy, but yet shinny hair.Hmm.... I would love to do that as well. I watch him the whole day long. He's tall and has a strong chest...His darked washed Jeans and the white chemise fit perfectly on his body. They are probably tailored. He must have an excellent tailor then. Of course he does, his Richard Faulkerson, my subconsciousness says rolling with her eyes.
" So, what's going on in your pretty little head?" I hear his voice ripping out of my daydreams.
I shake my head. "Nothing." I say innocently.
He places the English Breakfast tea on the table for me, he himself got a hot coffee. " Why are you working at a coffeeshop when you hate coffee?"
Because I need money..my mind shouting it out loud. "It's not like we only serve coffee. We have tea as well."
He nodds, understanding the real message behind it. "So is he your boyfriend?"
"Who?"
"Rico Fabio." The photographer."
I smile nervously. Where the hell does he have this idea? "No. Rico is just a very good friend. Why do you think we're a couple?"
"Because he smiled at you and you smiled back." He eyeballs me. That makes me even more nervous. I would do anything to look away, but I can't. So I keep on staring at him and his beautiful eyes. His eyes change color according to his mood. Interesting.
"He's more like a brother to me." I say, taking a sip of my tea.
" You're very shy." He notices.
I look at him confused. "I am not shy."
"Then men are intimidating you, Miss Mendoza."
"No, men don't intimidate me. You are intimidating Mr. Faulkerson."
He looks at me amazed.
"Do ypu make such personal remarks frequently?" I snapp at him.
"Was it too personal? Did I offend you?"
"No." I say faithfully
"Good."
"You're pretty arrogant."
He taises an eyebrow, "I'm used to getting everything I want. Under circumstances,Maine."
"I'd like to believe that. Why didn't you offer me to call you
by your first name?" I ask him back.
"Only my parents,siblings and close friends call me that. Which is good."
Ah. And yet he didn't offer me to call him by his first name. He really is a controlfreak. He would actually match very well to Patricia. Two controlfreaks.The idea of Richard and Patricia together is horrible.
"Are you an only child?"
Talk about changing the subject.
"Yes."
"Tell me something about your parents."
My parents?hmmmm.
"My Mom lives with her new husband Jack in California and my stepfather lives in Alabama."
"What about your father?"
"He died when I was a baby."
"I'm sorry. " And he really seems to feel pity for me.
" I don't remember him."
"Did your mother remarry?"
"You could say so."
"You don't like to play with open cards. Do you?"
"I remember some very indiscreet questions at the interview." He sneers.
My face turns red right away. Oh God how embarrasing! I decide to talk about my mother right away. "My mom is amazing. I love her very much. Right now she is married to husband number four."
Richard raises amazed an eyebrow.
"I miss her but she has Jack now."
"How's your relationship to your stepfather? Good I believe."
"Of course. He is the only father I know."
"How is he?"
"Carlos? Quiet."
"Is that everything?
I shrugg. What the hell does he expect? My whole lifestory?
"Quiet just like his stepdaughter."
I roll with my eyes, "He enjoys fishing,reading a good book and football. He was at the army.
"Did you live with him?"
"Yes but my Mom met husband number three when I was fourteen. I decide to stay with Ray."
"You didn't want to live with your mother?"
That's none of his business. "Tell me something about your parents."
He shruggs, "My father is a lawyer and my mother's a doctor. They live in the Hamptons."
"What about your siblings?"
"Both of them are overseas. "Adam is working in Australia as an engineer and my little sister Valerie,lives in Paris, where she enjoys an education from the world's best cooks."
His face tells me that he doesn't want to talk about his family. I don't understant why.
"Paris should be beautiful."
"It really is beautiful. Have you been there?"
I shake my head, " I never lwft the country."
Suddenly I look at his watch. It reminds me that I should study. "I have to go. I need to study."
"For the final exam?"
"Yes. They start on Tuesday."
"Where's your car?"
"At the parking lot from the hotel."
"I'll get you there."
"Thank you for the tea Mr. Faulkerson."
"You're welcome.Let's go." He takes my hand again
As we leave the coffeeshop he sems all calm and cool. I, on the otherside, try to judge this little meeting. Did I pass? Did I fail? It's so confusing. I have the feeling that I just finished an interview for a job, but I don't know what kind of job.
"Are you always wearing jeans?" He asks me out of the sudden.
I look at him confused, "Usually."
He nodds. What a weird question....I failed. I lnow it. Maybe he has a girlfriend.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask him without thinking. Damn it, Maine! My inner goddess yells at me,Now you failed.
The corner of his mouth form a small smile, "A girlfriend? That's nothing for me."
What's that suppose to mean? He's a gay. That must be it. No, he told me otherwise. I should really go and organize my thoughts. Hastily, I make a step onto the street and nearly fall.
" Shit, Maine!" Faulkerson yells and pulls me back with his arm around my waist. A cyclist appears within a millisecond. I stand still, shocked.
"I thought you learned something from yesterday, Miss Mendoza." He says warningly into my eyes.
It takes me a second to remind myself to breath. His lips are so close. "At least it wasn't a car." I sat innocently.
His lips form something like a smile but then he looks at me worried. "You should stay away from me. I'n not the right man for you."
What? What the hell is that suppose to mean?
"Thank you."
"What for?"
"For saving me."
"The idiot drove in the wrong direction. I'd rather not imaginr what could have happened."
I am the idiot here. I should have looked. Instead, I just stormed onto the stupid street to make myself a complete foul.
"Thanks for the tea and the photoshoot." I mumble.
"Maine....I....
"What, Richard?" I snapp at him as he stands there, silent.
"Good luck at your final exam."
"Goodbye, Mr. Faulkerson." I say as I walk into the garage.
As soon as I out of his sight I lean my back against the cold stone wall. What the hell was I thinking? That getting coffee with him would make him....How ridicules. I shake my head as I walk over to my car and go home...

Sorry for the late update😊 enjoy reading😊..
I don't own the pictures..