SOF Chapter 10

Warning rated M for the words......

My chin falls down. " A what?"
"It's someone, who-" he starts to explain.
" I know what it is!" I snap at him. OH BOY. I didn't expect this. " I thought you were a sadist or something. Maybe a killer. Or a mafia boss. But not a polyamorist." I say amazed. I can't look at him. I look away into the New York skyline. I get up and walk over to the window.
"You should read it fully before you sign." he says, still sitting in the couch. At least he's giving me my freedom. Even this view can't make this situation any better. Of course he had to have some flaws. Guess I found the first one. How am I suppose combine the polite Richard with this one?
"How many women are you currently in a relationship with?" I ask him.
"Seven."
Seven. Even my subconsciousness is speechless. Let alone my inner goddess. "How many live in Manhattan?"
"None. I am monogamic in a city."
Oh at least he is monogamous in one way, my subconsciousness remarks, rolling her eyes. "Do the women knew that they were not alone?"
"Yes. The contract explains it."
"I won't read it, Richard!" I snap at him again. "Do these women all live in the United States?"
"No. I have two in Europe. Two in Asia. One in Australia. One in Africa. And one in the States."
"But not in New York?"
"No. She lives in Florida."
Florida. "Did you see her before we met? Did you see her when you were in Florida?"
"No. She had to work."
"Do you have any children with any of these women?"
"No. I don't like children. I have no intention to expand my family. I thought you already knew that. I've told you that, Miss Mendoza."
"Stop being polite!" I nearly yell at him, looking at him. "Why me?"
"Because you've charmed me." he says, getting up from the red couch."From the very first  second I felt the need to have you."
"Me and seven other women."
"Yes."
"Do you love them all? All of them?"
"I don't love, Maine. The relationship I have with each woman is based on sexual amusement only. For pleasure and for pleasure only. No Love." he explains, walking to me closer.
"I need a dip of my wine." I mumble, storming out his office. I walk down the hallway at a fast speed, even the New Yorker Skyline which passes me can't make me feel better. I pick up the glass from the island and take a one big sip, drinking out the whole glass. This is too much for me. Too much for one evening.
"Maine," he starts and I look at him.
"I won't tell anyone. I've signed the freaking paper, so don't worry." I 've signed the freaking paper, so don't worry." I say, for once able to read his eyes.
He nodds, "Another glass?"
"Yes, please." I say, leaning against the island, holding the contract in my hands. "Am I gonna ask how high when you ask me to jump,now?" I ask him as he fills up my glass with white wine.
"You haven't signed yet."
"What of I do?"
"Then that's pretty much how it's going to be. There are expectations of course. Birthdays, weddings, funerals.......All that jazz."
"Does that mean we won't attend any social event together?"
If it's public, no we won't. If it's private, maybe."
I nodd. That explains him attending charity events all by himself all the time. "And people think you're gay." I say smiling. Damn it., this man is anything but gay! "How long is our relationship going to last?"
"For three months at least. We can expand, in case it's working."
"How many times will you be in New York City in those three months?"
"Depends on my work. But this is my main station. Usually about 8 from the 13 weeks." he says as he hands me the glass back.
I nodd again, "How much time will we spend on sex in those eight weeks?"
"That depends on you and me. And our chemistry."he says smirking.
"Ah." I say and take a sip. " What's the longest relationship you ever had?"
"It lasted four months We decided to expand it after three months to six. It didn't made it until six."
"What's her name?"
"Natalie."
I am silent. I don't response. Instead, I drink another sip of wine.
"You need to eat something or you're gonna vomit again." Richard says before he opens his fridge. Food. How can he think of food right now?
"Do you take care of all your partners?" I ask himas he takes out a plate filled with grapes and cheese.
"Yes. You should really read the contract. It answers all of your questions." he says to me.
I take a grape,"What if it doesn't?"
"then you ask me." he says with a calm smile in his eyes.
I nodd and look down at the contract. I won't be able to talk to anyone about this. About him. About me. About   our deal. About us.
"Remember you can leave anytime."  he say to me.
I don't look at him. Instead I take another grape. "Show me around. I need to see what is expecting me here."
He nodds before he takes my hand again. We walk out of the kitchen through the living room area and down to the glass hallway. I just now notice that the floor in the hallway is made out of glass as well. I feel my shaky legs. "Is there any chance you could place a carpet in the hallway?"
He looks down as well, seeing New York City under his feet. Then he looks at me, "No. Take me the way I am or you get nothing at all. It's all or nothing, Babe."
I smile as he says babe. Not my favorite nickname, but coming from it's lovely. We pass his office and he stops in front of a wooden door. "That would be your room." he says as he opens the door. It's amazing. I get greeted by the same amazing view of Manhattan. A king size bed is on the left, everything is colored in a light beige tone. It looks amazing cozy and welcoming. A room I could live in.....Wait, I?
"We won't share a bed?"  I ask him as I walk into the room.
"No." he says and open another door. "But  your bathroom is connected to mine."
I walk into the bathroom and see the southern side of Manhattan. I see a sink right in front of the window and a mirror. The shower and the toilet is to my right. Everything's made pf marble. A tube is to the left side, separated with a closed glass door.
I nodd again as I walk out.
He follows me and ens another door. "You're walk-in closet." he says, switching on the lights. My breath get stuck. This room is three times the size of my room and Patricia's together. Amazing.
Everything's white and perfect. I nodd again.
"Where's your bedroom?" I ask him.
He takes my hand again, leading me out of the bedroom "I'm right next to you." he says and opens the door. Breathtaking. That's the pretty much all you can say to this room  . A view you could die for! A room so big that the whole family could live walking out of the room. The room I will never sleep in. Not with him.
I look down the hallway, seeing several more wooden doors. "What is in the other rooms?"
"One library and three other bedrooms."
"For other women?" I ask him amazed. I thought he was monogamic.
"No." he says to me. "In case I have a guests here Like friends or my family.
"Oh." I say and blush. Stupid me.
"And?"
"And what?" I ask him back turning around so I face his beautiful face. He doesn't look polyamoristic. He looks perfect. "What about the sex?"
"What about it?"
"Are into.........You know, BDSM stuff?"
He shakes his head, "NO."
"Group Sex?"
He laughs, as if I was joking. "NO......"
"Threesomes?"
"NO. I like to concentrate my passion on one woman. Besides, I don't like sharing. But I mean if you........"
"NO." I say. At least he's no sadist. That calms me in a way. "How am I supposed to share you?"
"You won't even realize that I 'm sleeping with other women. You will only know."
"Maine, where are you going? Are you leaving me?" Do I hear panic in his voice?
"No," I say casually as I reach my purse, "I just want to,put this contract into my purse before we have sex. I don't want it to get dirty. And Yes, I will read it. At home." I say as I push the contract into the small purse. I should have picked out the bigger one. Damn it.
"You're a demanding woman."
"Yes."
"And I'm a demand man, Miss Mendoza." he says putting a strand of hair behind my ear. "I wonder if that's ever going to work out."
"Let's find out then." I say before I kiss him passionately. FINALLY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
spg content on the next chapter..
enjoy reading😊