SOF Chapter 18

Here's another update..
Hope you like❤️

I walk out of the building and see Richard Faulkerson leaning casually against his sport car. An Audi R8. He smiles at me as I walk closer. I look down, hoping to hide my goofy smile on my face. Stupid contract. I have to sign. I should sign. I've already- his lips on mine interrupt my thoughts. It's an intensive, I-was-longing-for-you-left-me- kiss. God, now I really have to sign.

"Hi." He says softly as I feel his hand on my cheek.

"Hi." I add, sounding like a five year old who just entered paradise - a shop filled with just dolls. "Where are we going?"

He holds the passenger door open for me, "The Hamptons, there will be a horserace in a couple of hours."

So that's why he asked me if I liked horses. "Do you own a horse?"

He nodds as he starts the car, "Two actually. They are both very good and will race against each other today."

"Well that sounds like fun." I say smiling. Buy my smiles fades as I notice what I'm wearing. So not appropriate for the occasion.

"What?"

"I don't think my outfit-"

"Everything's already arranged, Miss Mendoza. Don't worry you have something to wear- for both the horserace and the dinner."

The dinner. I almost forgot it. "Your mother seems very down to earth."

"She is. I mean she's somehow like you, I guess. You have the same taste of clothing. She is stubborn and very good at her job. She loves surgery."

"Does she go to horseraces or any other social events?" as soon as I asked this question something clicked. A horserace. That's a social event. An event Richard usually attends alone. Without any female escorts. Is he breaking his rules for me?!

"Well she attends dinner for charity events. Especially for cancer. But horse races...No, that's not her thing."

"But it's your's."

He shruggs, "Maybe. I like the atmosphere. And I like winning."

"Did you bring anything to eat?"

Shit. "No. I forgot."

"We should stop by at a diner then. We gave a long drive ahead for us, Miss Mendoza." He says to me, with no smile at all on his lips.

Twenty minutes later we are sitting in a diner, Hamilton's Inn. The diner is nearly empty.

"What can I get you two?" The waitress ask us.

I didn't even half time to look at the menu.I was too focused to scan my surroundings.

"I uhmm..." I start and open the menu.

"One coffee and one orange juice for a start and Two omelet please.Thank you.."

"Good, coming right up." the waitress says with a smile on her face. Seems like he have the same effect on every woman.

"What did you do this morning?" He asks me, taking a sip of coffee.

"I read the contract." I sat in one breath, as if I wad confessing a crime. Is it a crime to start a relationship with a polyamorist? If so, I am a criminal. Most likely.