SOF: Chapter 71

I'm wearing another fancy - and way too pricey- dress. It's from Dior and hugs my curves perfectly. if only I knew for how long I will remain this body. Soon I'll be having a tiny little baby bump. A baby bump- Oh god! I still haven't digest the news- let alone told Richard.

I don't know how he will react. No, that's false. I know how he will react.

He will freak out - not in the good way. He will yell at me and.....Leave me. He will unloved me. His absence will rip me apart-again.

Gosh, I can't tell him! He can't leave me! We just got back together. and we're happy. Happier than we ever were before. And now...Now I'm pregnant. How could I be so stupid?! I should have- "Your drink." he interrupts my thoughts, holding up a glass filled with delicious beige liquid.

Champagne. That's not good. Not now. "I rather stick to water."

He nodds before he places my Crystal glass on the tablet which is hold by one of many waitresses who are walking around in the room He picks up a glass filled with water and hand it over to me.

Thank god he isn't suspicious. "I promise to not leave your side tonight."

Gosh, his aftershave is making me wanna vomit. How could I have not seen the signs?! I am so stupid! And Richard will freak out!

"Ah there she is!" Richard says, grabbing my hand.

This one touch awake my synapses right away. Gosh, how can he make me horny and want to vomit at the same time?!

We walk through the crowded guests, all here to donate money for a good cause-to fight cancer. It's glamorous evening-with photographers of course. Their focus is on us. Party because we seem to be one of the few young couples, partly because we seem to be the Brangelina of the high society- something I should get used to according to Richard, because he won't let go of me. Oh we'll see how long he will want to be with me when I tell him I have a bun in the oven. Gosh, I can't be pregnant.

"Richard!" Meredith says smiling as soon as she sees us. "Nicomaine!" she says hugging me.

God, I hope she doesn't have some freaking sixth sense or something!

"How nice you could come." she says smiling. Gosh, she looks so beautiful in her Vera Wang dress. Her hair is hold together in a beautiful up-do. Her eyes are sparkling. She's glowing. She loves charity.

I return her smile, "Of course we came."

"After all, I gave you my word, mother. You know that-"

"You stick to your words. I know, Richard. But even you could have changed your mind." she says to him.

He rolls his eyes, "Oh, I just saw someone. I'll be right back." He says smiling.

"Richard....." I say, unable to hide my disappointment.

"I promise to dance with you this time." He whispers into my ear before he kisses my cheeks.

"Okay." I say before he walks away from us.

"Being with him is complicated, huh?" she asks me as I watch him getting lost in the crowd.

"Not complicated just...Not easy sometimes." I say to her before I turn around to look straight into her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Her eyes are filled with worry. The same worry Richard has in his eyes every time he looks at me a little longer. Worry because of Irina.