SOF: Chapter 38

DIAMONDS

"I can't believe you just bought me a fifteen thousand dollar dress." I say as we leave Versace and walk down the Fifth Avenue. "Besides, it was weird being the only one in the boutique."

"It's called private shopping."

"Still, it's weird."

"There were no queues in front of the changing rooms and the checkpoints."

"Like there are so many people, who can actually afford going shopping at Versace." I say, rolling my eyes.

he chuckles and take my hand. "You'd be surprised by how full this store gets at this kind of time..."

"OH,I doubt it." I say with a soft smile on my lips, "What's left is jewelry."

I sigh, "I could just -"

"No."

"But-"

"Your jewelry is going to be sold at the auction."

"No, it's not."

"Fine, it's not. But I'd like you to buy you a new jewelry, Jewelry you will actually wear."

"Oh. But isn't it......." i grin as i realize his intention, "You just want to see my taste, don't you? Although you already know my taste....."

"Classic, I know." he says as we stop in front of Tiffany's.

"Really I...."

"You know, most women would jump off the bridge just to go shopping with a man like me."

"A man as charming as you or a man as wealthy as you?"

He grins at me, "Both." he says before he kisses me softly.

"Fine." I agree and brush through my dark brown hair.

A man in a suits hold the door open for us and we step in.

"Mr. Faulkerson, how nice to have you here." A woman in a dark dress says to us, smiling. Her look changes as soon as she really recognize me. She's......Well, surprised.

"What can I do for you today?" the blonde asks.

"We need a necklace and earrings. For her." Richard says in a business-like voice. A voice he has used all the time we weren't alone. The same voice he had when we met. The voice which makes me feel protected. The voice-along with his poker face - which makes me feel insecure.

She nodds, "Any style?"

"Well-" I start.

"Classical. Something with diamonds."

She nodds, "Follow me, please, Mr. Faulkerson and Miss......"

"Mendoza." I say and smile a little.

She nodds, "Miss Mendoza." she says with a smile on her lips as she walks off.

"Where are we going?" I whisper to Richard as we follow the blonde.

"To a private showing - room."

I look at him confused, "A what?!"

He smiles at me, "You'll see."