SOF Chapter 27

He squeezes my hand as the plane touches the New York ground again. The last two days have been amazing. More than amazing actually. The cherry on top.

After the wedding, we walked at the beach until it was dark. Then we watched the stars before we decided to head back into his suite.

The next day we went hiking in Los Angeles. It was intense, but all the hard work paid off when we saw the view. It was amazing. More than breathtaking.

After hiking, we walked down the Hollywood Boulevard. Every now and then Paparazzo would appear, taking pictures of us. We didn't care. We enjoyed every single moment of the last two days, like it would be our last one.

The day ended with dinner at the beach. No oysters this time. I was glad. Early in the morning we got into his private plane.

My head turns towards him and I smile softly.

"You're okay?" he asks me, squeezing my hand. His touch gives me the same electricity as always.

"Flying back with a private plane is so much better than economy class." I say grinning as the plane stops moving.

"I'm glad you like it, Miss Mendoza." he returns my grin as we open our belts. Gosh, why can't he just stop giving me those feelings? Sending those signals? Confusing me.

We got out of the plane and I notice Jim already waiting for us in the night of New York. He puts our suitcase into the trunk of his car.

"Hi, Jim,." I greet him with a smile on my lips.

"Hello Ms. Mendoza and Mr. Faulkerson. Nice to see you again." He says closing the trunk. Then he held the door open for Richard and me before we get in.

"Can you drive me home?" I ask Jim.

"Of course Miss Mendoza." he says before we drive off.

"You don't want to stay--"

"No." I interrupt him. "It's time to make the decision." I say my eyes focused on the moving image of the J.F.Kennedy Airport.

"Okay..." he says a little sad.

It only takes a couple of minutes until we reach my apartment. The whole drive is silent. No one talks. Not Jim. Not Richard. And not me.

Jim stops the car in front of my building. He turns off the motor and gets out of the car, to get my suitcase out of the trunk.

My head moves over to Richard. His eyes stare into mine. I smile a little at him.

"I don't like this part, Miss Mendoza." he says to me with sadness in his voice.

"I know.Neither do I." i say and kiss him softly. "I'll inform you as soon as I have decided."

"How about dinner tomorrow evening?"

I nod, "Okay."

"I'll pick you up at eight."

"I'll rather take a cab." I say before I get out of the car.

"Thanks Jim, but I can take it from here." I say as he places the suitcase in front of me. "See you, Jim."

"Goodbye, Miss Mendoza." Jim says and return my smile.

I open the door of the apartment and get greeted by great silence. Patricia isn't home. She's with Samuel, I assume.

I drag the suitcase behind into the apartment and kick the door closed with my feet. I let myself fall on the couch, closing my eyes. God, how can I be in love with him? How can I love him? How could be so stupid to fall in love with him?! How stupid and crazy do you have to be to fall in love with a polyamorist?!