SOF: Chapter 56

Dedicated this next update sa mga readers ko....😘😘😘😘

Two chapters will be updated today😊

=============

I put on a big smile as I look in my reflection. No, too fake. I smile again, this time softer smile- yeah, that should be good. It should get me through the day. My swollen eyes are hidden behind a concealer- amazing what the make-up industry could do for you!

My make-up is  light, matching the pale pink bridesmaid dress I am wearing. My hair is half up and half down. I'm wearing his earrings- one of the things I packed into the bag when I left him. This time for good. I won't get back to him again. I can't get back with him. Not under these circumstances.

With one last look in the mirror I leave the hotel room of the Plaza. I really hope she's still calm. Not already freaking out.

I nearly run down the hallway and into the already closing elevator. A hand between the closing elevator doors keeps them from closing.

"Thanks." I say as I reach the elevator and get in.

A man with bright green eyes smiles at me, "No problem, Miss Bride or Groom?" he asks me.

I shrugg. "Kind of both. You?"

"Groom." he says smiling, "I'm Kevin."

"Maine." I say smiling to him. He really has a beautiful eyes. And a nice blonde hair color.

The elevator doors open again and I step out, "Well, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, Kevin."

He grins at me, "It would be a shame to not see you again."

The elevator doors close and I see him licking his lips. Ugh, so not in the mood right now. Not after last night. The night which I spent crying. Crying because I listen to his playlist. The song he choose. The song he choose for me. For himself. For....Us?

But I can't. I won't. No matter how many times I've heard Try by Nelly Furtado or Let Me Go by 3 Doors Down. I can't. I can't be with him again.

I took a deep breath as I stop in front of the suite, to hide my feelings. I put them beside me. This is not the right kind of day to suffer. This is the day of happiness. A day of smiles and laughter and......Joy. No heartbreaks. No crying. No  suffering.

I open the door and smile as Patricia turn around in her breathtaking Vera Wang gown. Her hair is in a beautiful up-do. Her make up is perfect. She looks beautiful. She's a breathtaking bride. A bride who's ready to walk down the aisle.

"Patricia, you...This....Wow." I say as I walk over to her.

My best friend smile at me. "I'm nervous."

"You have nothing to be nervous. You are a breathtaking bride, Patty." I try to calm her down.

She nodds, "I know.....I know...."

"Do you have everything you need?"

She nodds, "I think so."

"Something old?"

"The pins in my hair."

"Something new?"

"My jewelry."

"Something borrowed?"

"The flower in my hair from my mother."

"Something blue?"

"The garter."

I nodd, "Good , I think you're all set. You're ready to get married."

She smiles at me, "Oh hell yes I am!"

=============

During the ceremony I feel his eyes burning it's way into my skin non-stop. As I try to focus, try to not break down in tears, I can't help but....Want him. All of him. All his fucked up shades. Every single shade.

He's standing across me as the wedding rings get exchanged. he has his poker face on. The face which hides every single emotion he has inside of him. He's smiling. Pretending to be happy.

Happiness. Gosh, it felt like eternity when I felt happy. I put on my best poker face as well. All I can do now is be the best maid of honor for Patricia and Adam.

For Patricia Grey and Adam Grey

As the couples kiss- their first kiss as a married couple - every single of the 400 guest clap. I clap along, pretend to embody pure joy.

I walk down the aisle behind Mr. and Mrs. Grey. Next to me is Richard. I link arms with him, which is expected from the maid of honor and the groom's best man, I feel my body temperature rising as we walk behind Patricia and Samuel. We smile. Try to smile at least for me. He hasn't tried to talk to me. Which is nice of him. His way of telling me he will leave me alone. Let me go.

The Grey Family looks all breathtaking, just like the Cruz family. You can clearly see that these families are from the same status. Guess, the rich really keep to themselves. What a surprise.

"Maine." he says as we get seated next to each other at the table.

I look at him then are eyes met. I don't know in what kind of mood he is. I don't care in what kind of mood he is.

"What?" I ask him, my eyes focused on his lips. Gosh, what would I give to feel his lips on mine again...

"Can we talk?" he ask me and I almost see something like hope in his eyes. Hope for what? Hope for me to talk to him? Hope for us to be together again? An us with seven other us's at the same time?

I brush through my hair. Stupid half-up-half-down hairstyle. "No. I don't think we have something to tell each other, Richard." I say as Patricia and Samuel- a.k.a. Mr and Mrs Grey - walk-in before two perform their first dance as a married couple.

Vote.....Comment....