Nerves

We stopped by the boy's house on the way to the party, Hunter grumbling something about dense football players as he stomped inside. I smiled at his sudden grumpiness and turned to look at Braedon in the backseat.

"Are you ok back there?" He had insisted that I sit in the front seat even though he was good foot taller than I was. He gave me soft smile and leaned forward to rest his chin on my seat.

"I'm fine Bunny. Don't worry about me. Are you getting cold?" 

"No I'm ok. Just nervous." I leaned my head on the headrest and turned to look at him, our faces inches apart. 

"I've got your back. I promise." He tried closing the distance from his mouth to mine, but we jumped apart when Hunter's door opened again and he threw a pile of clothes into my lap. i fingered the dark jeans and button down shirt he had thrown at me. At some point during his trip into the house he had switched to cursing in Spanish. I placed a hand on his arm and he stopped mid-rant, staring down at my hand like he had forgotten I was there. He looked up at me through his thick blond lashes.

"Sorry Cap. I got carried away. I hate being late. Absolutely hate it." He picked up my hand from where it was resting on his arm and placed a light kiss on the bock of it. I blushed so deeply I could feel it creeping down my arms to touch the place he had just laid his lips. I pulled my hand to my chest as he pulled away to put the car in reverse and back down the driveway, my lips tingling with the memory of his pressing into mine. 

I studied his face as we drove, noticing the slight shift in his demeanor. I had first noticed it when I got out of the shower and he had helped me zip up my dress. I shivered with the ghost goosebumps his hands had left on my back. I could imagine him unzipping the dress. The zipper went all the way down to rest on the curve of my butt. I could almost feel his hands dip below the zipper and and my panties to cup my bare cheek.

The blush on my cheeks deepened at the turn my thoughts had taken. I pushed my fingertips into the apples to try and hide the red stains. I tried to surreptitiously glance at Braedon in the backseat but he was staring at me a knowing look in his eyes.

I could feel his heavy gaze on my neck as I turned back to look out the windshield. I spent the rest of the ride trying to keep my libido in check while also trying not to freak out about seeing Brady. We pulled up to the house and there were no spots on either side of the street. Seeing the house made me picture Brady in my mind. All of a sudden, I was back in that parking garage, pinned against my car with no way to defend myself or get away. I didn't want to be caught in that place again.

My hands started to shake and my muscles were locked in place as I tried to breath through the panic. I needed to calm down so that I had a clear head for tonight. I was determined to hold my own weight and get evidence to use against Brady. Of course I had to convince my subconscious of that, and I don't think that it was going to listen to me. I felt Braedon's hands reach over the back of the seat and start to rub my shoulders.

"Stop freaking out Bunny. You got this. And we will all be there." Just at his simple words and comforting hands, I was already starting to feel better. The shaking in my hands subsided and I relaxed back into Braedon's rubbing hands. Hunter found a parking spot and pulled in, perfectly paralleling the first try. He turned off the engine and turned towards me in his seat.

"Are you sure you want to do this Tasha?" The use of my real name and the tone of his voice told me that he was seriously concerned for me. His question and Braedon's hands on my shoulders finally convinced me that I was strong enough to do this. Maybe not on my own, but with the support of my guys, I could do anything.

* * *** * * * * * * * * * * * *

I could feel the bass pumping through the house in my chest. When we walked through the door, Hunter almost immediately disappeared into the crowd. I had looked at Braedon in alarm, unsure if Hunter was embarrassed to be seen with me or if he had a reason for abandoning me. He just squeezed the hand he was holding and smiled down at me. He led me a secluded spot in the living room and left to get me drink. I watched all of the other party goers while he was gone, trying to figure out who would be nice people. Braedon returned with a drink and I mostly sipped while continuing my people watching, all the while feeling Braedon's gaze on my face.

More people gradually filtered in until there was standing room only and the temperature had risen a few degrees. The smell of sweat and various colognes and perfumes clogged my senses and I had to focus to pick out individuals in the dark room. I looked to my right to check on Braedon when I noticed he wasn't there anymore. I stood up, concerned that I had lost my silent bodyguard. I started to move through the crowd of hot bodies, searching for my Bear. I made it to the end of the living room where the carpet met the tile of the kitchen and noticed Cole.

He was leaning against the counter talking with a cute, tall, brunette, staring intently at something across the kitchen in the dining area. I followed his gaze and found Tyler laughing with a group of girls around the table. Most of them were dressed in pressed shirts, nice shorts, or skirts and a majority of them were wearing glasses. My eyes narrowed in his direction, a flash of jealousy running through me. I shook myself, remembering that I had spent the night in his bed last night, and he never mentioned any serious relationships or friendships.

I watched the boys for a few minutes before I felt a pair of large hands slide around my waist.

"Long time no see Princess."