Heartbeat

I walked towards my car, not paying attention to my surroundings which was a mistake. A figure stepped out from behind a pillar in the parking garage close to my dorm. My mind was still preoccupied, so I didn't notice him following me until I had made it to my car and he trapped me between my door and himself. I gasped, my pulse skyrocketing and I turned, my fist raised to protect myself.

Brady tsked and gripped my wrist, squeezing hard enough to make my bones squeak. My eyebrows scrunched together and I let a groan of protest at the pain.

"Ow, Brady let go." I tried pulling my hand out of his grip, but that only made him hold tighter. My mouth opened in pain, but I could only draw in breath.

"I think you need to be taught a lesson." He leaned closer to me pressing his body fully to mine and completely trapping me against the car. I felt the tears start to well up in my eyes at not only the pain in my wrist but at the fear I was feeling by being trapped.

"No one touches my girl. No one calls you by a pet name. I dismiss you when I am good and ready. I was most definitely not ready today Princess." He spit out the last word and I could feel the spray on my face. He leaned his face close to mine and I turned my head in order to try and get further away from him. He breathed on my ear and decided to lick my neck. I forced myself not shiver or grimace and just took it.

"Where are you going? And don't lie to me." He had pushed the hand he was still holding against the window, which relieved at least some of the pressure off my wrist.  I knew that there would be a bruise later.

"I have plans with Braedon." My voice was a bit shaky and I tried to control my breathing to calm my heartbeat.

"Your going to call him and cancel. I don't like my girls hanging around with other guys. You got that?" A tear slipped down my face, but this only made him chuckle. He reached up with his other hand and gripped my chin. The tears were flowing more freely now, and his fingers were getting wet. He forced my face towards him and he smashed his lips on mine. His kiss was nothing like Cole's and I squeezed my eyes shut so I didn't have to look at him.

"You are mine." He pushed my face away and my head hit my window making my vision blur slightly. He completely let go of me and started walking off. I slid down my red Nissan Altima and started crying harder but still silently not wanting him to hear me break down. he looked back at me and threw me the smirk I was beginning to hate.

I sat on the ground for a while with my knees up cradling my wrist. During Brady's attack, my purse had fallen somewhere under my car. I had no idea how long I had been sitting there or if the boys were trying to get a hold of me. I needed to be stronger. I couldn't let him get to me like this.

I unfolded my knees, wiped my face, and found my purse under the car. I stood up and took my keys out of my purse. I squared my shoulders, took a deep breath, and got in my car to go to the boys house.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I pulled into the driveway at the house and swiped at my face some more to check for leftover makeup or tears. Feeling ok about the way I looked I headed inside. The garage was open with two of the cars inside, Jax's and Tyler's by the look of it. No one was in the kitchen when I went inside so I went further into the house to find someone. No one was in the living room but the tv was turned onto the news station. I headed up the stairs but the house was quiet. All of the doors were closed so I decided to try Jax's door, having seen his car in the garage.I knocked quietly with no answer so I tried the handle. The door swung open and I found Jax spread eagle on his stomach sleeping soundly. His black hair was messy and spread across the pillow. His dark blue t-shirt had ridden up slightly on his back and you could barely see the bottom of a tattoo. I stood in a doorway for a few minutes just watching him sleep soundly. I finally crept in the room closing the door as silently as I could.

I walked over to his bed that was centered in his room. it was up against a bright blue wall with short bookcases on either side. He had a large window with a seat on the right of his bed with a cushion and several pillows. His closet was on the same wall as the door and the last wall was covered in pictures of the other guys, band posters, and sheet music. I sat down on the bed and toed off my shoes. I felt him shift behind me and turned to smile down at the sleepy boy. He had turned on his side,but was still completely asleep. I laid down on my side facing him and traced a finger down his jaw. His strong features were even more handsome when he was asleep. I brushed a few stray hairs out of his eyes and they blinked open slowly.

"Hey Red." His voice was gravelly from sleep and sounded extremely sexy.

"Mornin' Blue." He grinned at me and threw an arm around my waist to drag me closer. I tucked my face in his neck and he rested his chin on top of my head.

"What's wrong?" His voice sounded concerned and the rumblings of his throat made me feel like crying again.

"Nothing." I cursed at my voice as it caught in my throat.

"Don't lie to me Red." He pulled back to look at my face and there was so much concern in his face that my eyes teared up again. he sat up his eyes going wide. He started looking over every inch of me panicking slightly.

"Stop. Stop." I help up the hand that Brady had hurt and he saw the bruise that was starting to form. He lightly grabbed my forearm in one hand and my palm in the other and studied my wrist, growing angrier by the second.

"Who. Did. This." He was speaking through clenched teeth and you could see the rage burning in his eyes. I moved my hand up to his face again as a tear spilled down my cheek. He let go with one hand and wiped my tear.

"Brady." I whispered his name, my pulse going haywire just at the mention of his name.

"I'll kill him."