Chapter 93

Kaia settled into the rocking chair and placed her precious son to her breast so he could eat. She glanced up when she saw Marian in the doorway. "Hi," she said with a smile.

"Are you okay? Did you tell him everything?" She asked, then walk around the nursery gathering up items for the twins.

Kaia nodded. "I did," she said. "And somethings that I never even told you, but I'm sure you suspected it." She said. "I feel like a huge weight is gone. I feel like I can breathe again.

"Good I'm glad it is all on the table," Marian said. "Kaia, I don't really want to rehash the past. I was upset you wouldn't listen to me, that I lost Teddy and you all at once. I was alone and no one seemed to care so, I didn't think about it or anything for a while. I just went back to being daddy's princess just like you thought I was." she said, still a little hurt at the memory.

"I don't want to rehash it either." Kaia said. "I just wanted to apologize for being wrong about so many things," she said. "And I am forever grateful for everything that you've ever done for me. I'm...I don't know what I would've done had I not tucked my tail between my legs and come to you."

"Kaia," Marian said turning around as she finished packing the twins clothes. "Back then I thought you knew me but when you called me nothing but a spoiled little rich girl it broke my heart. It made me realize that maybe all those people who told me you only wanted to be friends with me because my father had money were right. I bet on the wrong horse. I lost my future even though it was a cookie cutter one and now I had nothing. I was supposed to start all over again, but I didn't want anyone other than Teddy," she said sadly.

"I'm sorry I said those things to you," Kaia said sadly. "I never meant any of the cruel things I said. You never flaunted your money or status at me and then I realized you only wanted to be my friend. I was so dumb and ignorant."

"Well I hoped you learned you lesson and realize I'm your one true friend since we were teenagers. Never be afraid to tell me anything, ever. I will always be there to help you. All you have to do is ask. I know you like to keep things inside because you don't want to worry everyone and you like to be a burden to yourself, but remember, Kaia, you have a family. A husband that loves you more than life and he would do anything for you." She nodded as she watched Karim. "I hope I get to breast feed this time around. Was only able to do it once with William," she sighed thinking of her little baby boy.

Kaia reached out for her hand. "You are my person, Marian," she said. "Good and bad. You've stuck by me and again I will be eternally grateful." She glanced down at Karim and smiled. "I'm sure you'll be able to," she said still smiling. She held Karim up to Marian. "Can you hold him a moment, please?"

Marian looked cautiously at Karim. "Umm are you sure? Maybe just set him in something, I don't want to taint your son in anyway. I want you to have your children and not have to worry about me. I know losing Ahmir was hard for you and that you are no longer his favorite person. I...I... think I should stay a few paces from Karim at all costs, just in case. You need your baby, I don't want anything to come between your bond with your son."

Kaia rolled her eyes and stood up and all but shoved Karim into her arms and then kissed Marian's cheek. "I need to go change my bra," she said. "I leaked all over," she said. "And you've always been Ahmir's favorite person and I'm ok with that now. You know that," she said and left the nursery.

"Karim, your mummy is insane." She said and couldn't help but smile when he gurgled and smiled back at her. "But she is right ever since your brother was born we instantly clicked." She smiled down at him not wanting to admit babies still scared the crap about of her. She was worried that when she had her own baby, should wouldn't be able to hack it as a mum. "Can I be honest with you Karim, it is nothing against you, its babies I'm not good at. I lost my baby and I'm worried this baby inside of me won't like me because she will know what happened to her brother. Ahmir, your brother is trying to get her to come around and tells her I am a good mummy," she said blinking back her tears. "That is just between you and me okay?" She smiled down at him.