Chapter 55

"I have you Jackson," Marian winked at him.  "I am a divorced woman who spends all of her time with a set if two year old twins." She explained she wasn't ready to face what she was doing with Harry quite yet.  Because to be honest, she herself was totally unsure of what they were doing.

 "So you're single then?" He asked.

Katia couldn't help but snort. "I'm going to get some ice," she said and went into the kitchen.

"Single as a pringle," Marian grinned.  "What about you, Jackson?"

"Haven't found the right woman," he said with a smirk.

Katia pulled out her phone and snapped some pictures of the pictures that Marian had on the fridge. She had so many thoughts and emotions running through her at the moment.

Marian excused herself from Jackson stating she needed to refresh her drink. Jackson was adorable and it was nice to have someone look at her with adoration instead of pity and sadness.  "Katia are you okay? What is going on? Jackson is cute, you should be in there soaking it up." 

 Katia quickly shoved her phone in her pocket."He's cute and all," she said. "But I'm not the one who's eyes he's captured," she said with a wink."Do you want some ice?"

"Yes, please," Marian said. "What do you mean, I have seen him looking at you, laughing at your jokes."

 Katia pulled out the ice. "He's enamoured with you," she said putting ice in their glasses. "You don't see what I see. He's practically drooling every time you open your mouth. Besides, I don't think he's my type."

"You need to forget about Liam and try to find a normal guy. Jackson is sweet and funny," Marian explained  "I do not think, I will ever be able to love someone fully again. Friends, lovers sure, but you only get one true love and I had mine already," she said taking a drink of her coke. Deciding it wasn't strong enough, so she added some Jack Daniels too it.

"Kind of hard to forget someone like Liam," she admitted. "We both used...." she said and then clamped her mouth shut. "Can I get some of that?"She asked. "You don't think you can have another love?"

Marian poured a smidge of the whisky in Katia's drink.  "Liam is an ass, you can do better. I am sure love in different ways are possible, but it will never be the same. You only get one true love, the rest are all secondary loves. Friendship love, companionship love, parental love.  What do you think?" She asked.

Katia drank her drink quickly. "There are different kinds of love I will agree," she said. "I guess I've always believed in the fairy tales. I should probably just give up on happiness."

"Join me on fantasy island, we can wish our lives turned out differently and we got our fairy tale endings," Marian said and then took Katia's arm.  "Lets go have some fun with Jackson."

 "Okay," she said with a laugh. She filled her glass once more with a little Jack and ice and followed Marian back to the living room.

"Ladies, I was beginning to worry you were hiding from me"He joked.  "Anyone for some trivia, I set up the board?" He mused.

"I'm game," Katia said sitting down and drank down her now Jack on the rocks. "I love trivia."

"Alright," Jackson said then rolled the dice and smiled over at Marian as he picked up a card.  "What movie is considered to be the first summer blockbuster making a 100 million dollars?" 

 Katia literally jumped up. "Oh my God I know this!"

Marian laughed. "Well tell us, we are dying to know.  Right, Jackson?" Marian said nudging him.