Chapter 66

Kaia messaged Katia and asked her to come over.  She wanted her to meet the twins and she wanted to talk more.  There hadn't been much time after their initial meetings as she had to finish her tour.

Katia was a bundle of nerves about meeting her niece and nephew.  She hadn't ever really been around kids before, but she made sure to buy them lots of presents so that she hoped they wouldn't reject her.  She put the directions into her GPS and drove to the Malik house.  When she got there, Zayn buzzed her in through the gate.  She got out of her car and grabbed the gift bags and slowly made her way to the front door.  It opened before she could even knock.

"Hi Katia," Zayn said as he smiled at her.  "Need any help?"

She smiled back at him.  "No, I got it," she said.  "I think I went a little overboard with presents."

He smirked and shut the door behind her.  "Kaia and the twins are in the living room," he said.  "Come this way."

Kaia walked behind him and when she saw Kaia playing with the twins, she was suddenly overcome with emotions.  She honestly didn't know why.

"You came?" Kaia said and stood up and rushed over to her.  "I...I wasn't sure if you would."

"I....I brought presents for the twins," she said holding up the gift bags.  "I hope that's okay."

Kaia smiled.  "Come on," she said and pulled her towards the twins.  "Farishta, Destiny, momma wants you to meet someone."

Ahmir looked at the woman next to his momma strangely.  He couldn't figure out why she looked just like her.  He felt Destiny take a hold of his hand and she hung back a little.  "Momma, who is that?" He asked.

"This is your aunt," Kaia said.  "Auntie Katia."

"Momma, she looks just like you," Destiny said and began to move closer.  "How come you look like my momma?"

Katia knelt down and smiled.  "I'm your momma's sister," she said.  "And..." she couldn't believe how much Destiny looked like Kaia.  She was a beautiful child.  "And I hope I can be a part of your family." She said.  She reached for the pink gift bag and handed it to her niece.  "I brought you some presents."

Destiny looked at her momma and Kaia nodded.  She took the bag and looked inside and squealed with delight when she saw what was inside.  "Momma! There's princess dresses and crowns," she said as she yanked one out and began to dance around.  She then grabbed the bag and went to look inside at the rest of her gifts.

Ahmir moved towards his mother.  He wasn't so sure about this woman.  

"Ahmir, I brought you some presents as well," Katia said and handed him a bag with The Lion King on it.  "Someone told me how much you love Disney," she said.  

He took the bag from her and saw there was a stuffed Simba in it as well as toys.  He smiled and looked at her.  "Thank you," he said and went to join his sister.

Katia stood back up and gave Kaia a small smile.  "Do you think they're going to like me?"

Kaia smiled back at her.  "Oh I have no doubt about that," she said.  "Ahmir is very cautious around new people, but I wouldn't worry and the princess," she said looking at her daughter as she danced around with her gifts.  "I wouldn't worry about her," she said with a laugh.

Katia handed her a small bag.  "I....I didn't know what to get you as I'm sure you have everything you could ever want in the world."

Kaia opened the bag and pulled out a luxurious silk scarf.  It was the colors of the ocean.  She felt her eyes get misty and then looked back up at her sister.  "Kaia, it's beautiful," she said.  "Thank you so much.  I don't have anything like this."