Chapter 47

After Marian had cleaned the table and did the dishes she could not keep quiet any longer.  "Are you going to tell me what that was all about? Why did my mother pull you outside? Why was she crying?" She asked.

"She is worried about you and doesn't want you to have to go through any more traumatic events. She wants to make sure I am not jerking you around. That I won't leave you, like Louis did. Your mother loves you and even though she can't always show it, she is fiercely protective of you."

Marian gave him an odd look, she wasn't sure if he was full of shit or telling the truth.  "I don't know if you are full of shit or not. I just know that I'm tired.  Will you stay with me tonight?" She asked.

Harry kissed her on the forehead  "I would love to, I always find I sleep better when I can hold you in my arms," he grinned and she couldn't help but blush.

Marian hated the fact Louis kept popping up in her head, it was annoying her greatly. It was her parent's visit, they reminded her of her time with Louis.  She wanted to block out all the memories and move forward. Forget him as easily as he walked away from her. He was the past and Harry was the future.  She drifted off to sleep in Harry's arms completely content for the moment.

Harry woke up with hair in his mouth, Marian was tossing and turning in her sleep again. He wished he could find a way to calm her ever racing mind.  She surprised him when she woke up suddenly crying. She looked at him then the wet mess on his chest and bolted from the room.

"Marian!" Harry shouted. He grabbed a couple tissues and wiped off his chest.  He went to knock on the bathroom door before opening it.  "Love, talk to me, what's wrong? What upset you?"

"It's nothing, sorry to wake you. I will go sleep on the couch."

" No, you won't. Tell me was it a bad dream?"

"Upsetting dream more like it. Every once in a while I have nightmares.  It isn't a big deal."

Harry wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.  "I'm sorry, do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable." She sighed.

Harry took her hand and walked her over to the bed.  "I want to help, please let me in."

"Alright," she said taking his hand and sat down on the bed.  "I was at a birthday party, at first I didn't know whose or what was going on until I saw my parents with an arm full of presents. I turned around and seen a banner with the words Happy First Birthday William." She sighed heavily.

"I saw my baby sitting in a high chair with a small cake in front of him. Everyone was saying let's have cake, we need to sing the birthday song. Then I say we are missing someone and I'm running around the house looking but he isn't there. He is gone, Kaia is there giving me the 'I told you so look'. I knew that bastard would leave you, Louis is gone and he is never come back."  She looked up at him.   "I look over the crowd of people they are all shaking their heads at me. Then the scene turns into Williams funeral and I'm alone with Wills casket, saying goodbye to my baby. Realizing that I'm all alone," Marian said unable to stop her tears.

"Marian you are not alone. I am here for you always. I am so sorry you had to suffer the tragedy of losing your son then Louis. I know he loved you a lot. He....he called me." Harry confessed.

"What?" She asked in complete shock.

"We were in Paris and the news broke about William and us being sighted together. He asked me to take care of you, that he was lost and could not do it. He was afraid you were going to die and could not face that possibility."