Chapter 91

Kaia was released from the hospital two days later. She was given strict instructions from the doctor no singing with her cracked ribs and that she needed to take it easy.

Marian and Katia had been constant visitors to the Malik house. Helping with the twins and Karim. But Marian had been given strict orders from Harry not to overdo.

After about a week, Kaia was starting to go stir crazy. Nobody would let her do anything. Zayn would help her take a bath and he would wash her hair. While she loved his ministrations, she felt like an invalid at times.

Simon had SYCO release a statement in regards to her accident and her recovery and that seemed to help settle things down on social media with the rumors going around that she had died. But there were still trends on Twitter though that she was paralyzed and in a coma. Despite tweets from Zayn and even Kaia herself.

Kaia, Katia, and Marian planned a quiet birthday party for the twins. None of them could believe that they were turning 4. Kaia was a little weepy at her twins growing up so fast and Marian kept cuddling Ahmir because she didn't want him to grow up anymore either. They had a small family dinner with the Malik's, Marian and Harry, Niall and Katia. Liam was invited but didn't come and Kaia wasn't surprised. She continued to tuck her feelings away for him and it was getting a little easier as the days went on. The one thing that she truly did miss though was his friendship. She could talk to him about anything.

A few days after the party, she began to get restless again. Her arm and ribs were healing and she didn't have to wear a hard plaster cast anymore on her arm, but she was still instructed by her doctors to take it easy. Zayn had helped to decorate for Christmas and their whole house was festive. She did most of her shopping online, but she had wanted to get out of the house for a little while. She found Zayn and the twins in his art room with the door closed. When she opened it, she was immediately pushed out by Ahmir.

"No, momma!" He said. "You can't see!" He said and he slammed the door in her face.

She knew they were wrapping presents. "Ahmir, tell your papa I want to see him."

A few seconds later, Zayn came out and smiled at her. "Sorry, baby, Christmas wrapping," he said. "Everything okay?" He asked. "Did you need something?"

"I....Do you mind if I go out for a bit with Doniya? I have some more shopping I need to get done."

"As long as you don't overdo," he said. "Then I'm okay with it. You're going stir crazy aren't you?"

"Just a little," she said. "I feel so useless," she said. "I haven't been able to help you with anything around here and I can barely help with the babies," she said feeling defeated.

He pulled her into his arms and held her gently. "You know it's alright," he said and then lowered his lips to hers. "I don't mind at all. I just want you to get better and then I'm going to wrap you in bubble wrap so nothing else bad happens to you."

She couldn't help but smile at him. "I love you so much, Zayn," she said.

"I know you do," he said and kissed her again. "Be careful," he teased but he really meant it.

Kaia and Doniya spent the day together and she was able to finish her Christmas shopping and then she asked her sister in law to take her to her salon in Bradford. She wanted to get her hair done. Doniya arched an eyebrow at her.

"And what did you have in mind, sister?"

Kaia smiled. "Something totally unexpected."

"You aren't going to have me cut it like a boy again are you?"