Chapter 19

"Is there anything I can do for you and Marian right now?" Zayn asked.  He was trying to be strong for his brother, and he knew he was going to have to be strong for Kaia as well.

Louis wiped away the tears again.  "Um, yeah," he said with a weak smile.  "I don't think that Marian or myself or even her parents can....." he began and then choked back a sob.  "Do you think that you and Kaia could ...could plan William's funeral? I know it's a lot to ask and I know that you're grieving too, but I don't think......."

"Consider it done," he said and hugged Louis.  He hoped and prayed that he and Kaia would never have to go through anything like this.  It was the least they could do.  "I'll have management issue a statement as well."

"Thank you Zayn," he said.  "I....I think I'm going to take a walk.  I need...I need to call mum and tell her and......and I need some time right now."

Zayn watched him leave the room and then made his way to the others.  He saw Liam and Niall both comforting Kaia as she seemed to be unable to hold it together.  When she saw him she ran to him and he held her close.

"Oh God Zayn, why?" She cried.  "It's so unfair! He didn't deserve to die!"

"I know," he whispered as he held her.  He looked over his shoulder at his other brothers.  "I know baby."

"What..what do we do now?" Liam asked.

"We have to be strong for them," Zayn said continuing to hold Kaia close.  "Louis asked us to help plan Will's funeral baby.  I know this is hard and I can ask mum to do it if you don't think..."

"No, I'll do it," she said adamantly.  "I'll do it," she said again.  She pulled away from her husband slightly.  "I don't want Marian or Louis to have to worry or even think about it."  She tried to wipe her tears, but they continued to fall.

Zayn hated to see her in so much emotional pain and pulled her to him again.  "It's alright," he said and kissed the top of her head.  "Listen, why don't I have Niall and Liam take you home.  Get some rest and we can start the planning tomorrow."

"But what if Marian needs me?" She began to protest.  "What if....."

He cupped her face in his hands.  "Baby, she's going to need her rest too.  I'm sure they are giving her something to help with that.  Go home.  Kiss the twins.  Take a hot bath and go to bed.  I promise I'll be home soon.  I just want to make sure that Louis is alright."

She saw his reasoning and nodded her head.  "Okay," she said quietly.

"Will you get her home alright?" He asked Niall.

"Of course," he said.  "We'll stay until you get home.  I don't think any of us want to be alone right now."

"Thanks, Niall," he said.  He kissed her gently.  "I love you, baby."

Niall took a hold of Kaia's arm.  "You ready?"

"Yeah," she said and picked up her purse and let Niall lead her down the hallway.

Liam looked at Zayn.  "I'll just drop her and Niall off at your place."

"No, it's alright if you stay," he said.  But with sternness in his voice.  "We are all going to need each other."

Liam merely nodded and left him alone.  He made his way to where his car was and saw Niall and Kaia waiting for him.

"Give me the keys," Niall said.  "I'll drive."

Liam threw a glance at Kaia but she didn't seem to even be paying him any attention as she got into the backseat.  He moved to the passenger side and was about to get in.