Chapter 40

Kaia was up early the next morning. She took another shower and got dressed and went to the kitchen and started breakfast for everyone.  Part of her still felt tremendous guilt over having betrayed Zayn and their vows, but also part of her didn't feel so angry anymore.  She set the table and smiled when she saw Marian walk into the kitchen holding Ahmir, it bothered her still but not to the devastating anger she had been feeling.

"Good morning my little farishta," she said and kissed him. "Morning," she said to Marian. "Juice is on the table for you."

"Give Mama kisses," Marian said leaning Ahmir towards Kaia. He dutifully kissed his mother. 

Marian placed him in his high chair. "Where is Destiny?" She asked.

"Sleeping."

"Lets eat, I am starving," she smiled and then looked over at Kaia. She could see she was off and wondered how she could fix her.  "So I am free today, wanna do anything?" she asked.

Kaia sat down with a giant platter of food for them. "I have some ideas," she said with a smile.

"Excellent," Marian grinned then plated food for her as well as Ahmir.  "Lay them on me sister."

"Two words. Spa day." Kaia said.  "I think we deserve a day of pampering."

Marian ate her eggs and contemplated Kaia's idea  "Just the two of us, right?" She asked glancing at Ahmir. She kinda wanted to have some big girl time.

"Yes," she said eating some bacon. "Zayn is going to Bradford to see his parents and I convinced him to take the twins " she said. "I think I have a lot to make up to you of late," she said and quickly took a drink of her coffee.

Marian gave Kaia an odd look. Make up to her she thought, she was sharing her home and her son with her. She didn't feel Kaia needed to make up for anything.  It was an ebb and flow. Things came and went. Marian was feeling better about everything lately. So she was wondering what was Kaia's angle. What had she done.  "A spa day sounds like a lot of fun. I really need a pedicure," she laughed.

"Same," she said and held up her hands. "I need a mani too," she said with a laugh. "From my workouts with Mark, my nails are taking a beating."

Marian looked down at her own nails, the only thing she saw then she looked at her hand was the scars on her wrists.  "You are going to have so much fun with Daddy today Ahmir," she said returning to her food.  "I am so happy we are doing this Kaia."

"Me too," she said. "And I have a surprise for you this afternoon."

Zayn smiled as he heard them talking and seemingly getting along. He walked in behind them and kissed Kaia on the cheek, scaring her and stealing a piece of her bacon. "What kind of surprise?" He asked sitting down next to his wife.

Kaia jumped a foot in the air. She was still on edge from having been incredibly intimate with Liam the previous day. And when Zayn had held her in his arms during the night, she cried silent tears.

"I'm not telling," she told him. "You'll find out next week," she teased.

"I love a good surprise,"  Marian said chewing on her own piece of bacon.  She couldn't help but notice Kaia being extremely cagey with Zayn.

Kaia squirmed in her seat when Zayn tried to kiss her on her neck. She jumped up. "Coffee?" She asked him.

Zayn watched her and arched an eyebrow. "Please," he said. She seemed very nervous. "How are you feeling today Marian?" He asked.

"I am feeling pretty good today. No chemo sickness, no puking in the middle of the night. I am vomit free for a week now," she said with a small laugh.  "So what is the big plan in Bradford?"