Chapter 53

Kaia threw herself into her tour.  She had to admit that the chant of her name from the fans was probably one of the biggest thrills in her life.  She had never known there could be such a high like that.  When she and Marian had been on tour with the guys, she was one of the fans chanting their names, and now it was surprisingly her turn.  

She saw many signs in the crowd showing her support.  She received so many gifts for the twins and letters from the fans.  Some telling her to leave Zayn, others telling her that Perrie wasn't worth a divorce.  She had a lot of conversations with Tricia over the next few weeks.  She asked Kaia what happened and Kaia completely opened up to her about everything.  Her affair with Liam, her fights with Zayn, including the one before she left.  

Tricia asked her how she felt about what Zayn had done and the social execution that had taken place on Twitter with the Perrie aftermath.  Did she want to save her marriage? Did she want to stay with Zayn? Did she still love Zayn? Did she still talk to Liam?  Kaia had blocked his number.  She needed to distance herself from that entire situation.  Not that she wouldn't ever stop caring about him, but right now, she couldn't think about him.  She had to put everything out of her mind.

She also FaceTimed with the twins a lot.  Kaia had to admit she was a little shocked when the first FaceTime call came to her from Morocco.  From their home in Morocco. Tricia told her that Zayn had brought her and the twins as well as his sisters there on holiday.  That he had just wanted to get away.  

Kaia and Zayn didn't speak at all.  Weeks turned into months.  They didn't call.  They didn't text.  Kaia didn't know what he was thinking.  What he was thinking about doing.  She would lie in bed in her hotel rooms at night, her fingers hovering over his number.  She missed him.  She missed his voice.  She missed his being.  She would watch old YouTube videos of him, just so she could see him.  She would scroll through her camera roll of her pictures of him, of them together, of the twins.  And it seemed to further her down into a dark depression.  After her shows, she would lock herself away in her hotel room and drink herself to sleep.  She knew it wasn't solving anything, but it helped to mask the pain.

George called or texted Zayn daily and gave him an update about how the tour was going and a general how-to Kaia was doing.  He didn't tell him how much she was drinking.  But it was starting to worry him.

After a few weeks in Morocco, Zayn and the rest of the family went home to England.  He asked his mum if she could stay with the twins.  He needed some time alone for a few days.  He packed a bag and headed to the north of England to Highclare Castle.  He stayed in the same room they had stayed in.  He walked the same paths that they had walked together.  He did a lot of soul-searching and then returned home to London.  He threw himself into songwriting and continued to spend time with his children.

Harry tried to move, but he couldn't. Marian was sound asleep on top of him. He couldn't help but smile.  The past few weeks made him smile even bigger. It had just been him and her. They'd gone on small day trips, picnics, just enjoying each other.  He was kind of thankful that Kaia was off in the States and Zayn seemed to be keeping to himself of late.  But he knew that they both needed their time to figure things out.

"Love," he said and let his fingers trail down her bare back.

Marian turned her head in Harry's direction and simply groaned at him.  "You kept me up late last night, I am not ready to move. Too comfy."

 He started to pull the sheets off of her and he let his eyes trail down her body. "And whose fault is that?" He asked her. "Teasing me in that bloody dress," he said. They had met up for dinner and the dress she was wearing left little to the imagination. And when she told him she wasn't wearing anything underneath it, they skipped dessert.