Chapter 15

Zayn, Kaia, the twins, Lottie, whom they hired to be Kaia's makeup and hair stylist, George, her bodyguard and a manager took a flight from London to New York early in the morning.  The band would meet them there to begin the media tour.

The limo took them to the Plaza Hotel where they put the twins down for a nap.  They didn't sleep much on the plane and they were extremely fussy.   After a few hours, they finally had them settled down and sleeping. Kaia herself was exhausted and Zayn convinced her to take a nap herself, even though she was just as stubborn as her children, she relented.

Zayn, George and Rex who was management from Syco, sat down and went over the itinerary.  The next morning was going to be an early start and it was going to continue on over the next four weeks.

Good Morning America was up first and not only did Kaia perform and have an interview, her album was released that very morning.  Social media went crazy and her fan base seemed to grow with every appearance she had. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Marian paced the nursery as she held William in her arms.  He wouldn't stop coughing and he felt very warm.  

"Will," she pleaded with him.  "Baby what's wrong?" She felt like the worst mother in the world.  She didn't know what to do.  He wouldn't stop coughing and he wouldn't stop crying.

"Let me hold him Snowflake," Louis said as he walked into the nursery.  He heard Will coughing on the baby monitor and watched as Marian hurried out of their bedroom to their son.

"I've got him," she snapped at him and held him closer.  "I'm his mother and I can take care of him!"

Louis rubbed his temples.  He knew she was going to be stubborn about this.  She had been very angry the past few weeks as the doctors couldn't give her any new news about her cancer diagnosis.  Nothing had really changed, except for the fact that her white blood cell count was incredibly low and he knew she was getting weaker because all she wanted to do was be with William.  He had to literally force her to eat or even drink.  He also knew that she was skipping medications at times and that she was not always going to her chemo treatments.  He could see her almost wasting away.  Her father couldn't even convince her to eat or go to her treatments.

"Marian," he said sternly.  "You need to rest.  You can't take care of him if you're going to get sick yourself."

"I'm already sick and I'm dying, Louis!" She screamed at him.

He walked over to her and took William out of her arms.  "You need to let me help you," he said.  "I know you're not always taking your medications and I know you've been lying about going to your chemo," he said as he held his son close to him.  It frightened him how warm William was.  And his whole little body wracked by a horrible sounding cough and it seemed like he was having a hard time breathing.  "I'm not going to let you die even if you want to!" He yelled back at her.  He looked at the clock and saw that it was three in the morning.  "I'm taking him to the hospital.  He needs to see a doctor.  And you are going to go back to bed."

She rushed to him and grabbed his arm.  "No!" She said.  "I'm going with you!"

"No Marian," Louis said as he lay William down on the changing table to change his nappie and dress him in warmer pajamas.  "You aren't going to do him any good if you end up in the hospital yourself.  I am going to go and wake up your parents and tell them what is happening.  One of them can go with me and the other can stay here with you to make sure you're resting."  He picked William back up and held him close as he began coughing again.  It broke his heart hearing the cough.  He wouldn't admit it but it scared him to death.  He turned to her and her tears tore at him.  He reached up and wiped them away.  "I love you Snowflake, but you need to rest.  Promise me."