Chapter 52

Zayn dropped his suitcase and looked around. "Why are you here?" He asked, wondering why his mum wasn't.

 "Your wife called me up in tears and pleaded with me to come over and keep an eye on the twins," Harry said.  "It seems Perrie texted Kaia and told her all about fucking you last night and she even included photographic evidence."

 Zayn just shook his head and got a bottle of water from the fridge and sat down.  "I didn't fuck her," he said. His head was pounding.

 "I am only the messenger here, I had to leave Marian to babysit. What is going on Zayn?" Harry asked worriedly.  "What in the hell happened last night?"

 "After you and Marian left, we started to watch a movie," he said. "I couldn't get over how hot she looked in that black leather outfit she showed us. We...." he rubbed his temples and looked at his friend. "We started to make out and things got really hot and heavy and then....I let my mind take over with things."

 "You can't let your insecurities get the best of you. Anxiety isn't your friend and often leads you to trouble." Harry said.  "Marian is the same way"

"All I could see was her with him," he said. "Taunting me. The drinking didn't help." He admitted. "I...I just wanted to be with my wife. I wanted her back. I wanted us back but then I got angry and I...."

"Drinking never helps," Harry said shaking his head.  "I found that the more I drank the more I saw Marian with Louis. Kissing and making love in front of me. Louis was taunting me saying he was a better lover than I was." He said sighing at the memory.  "I had a vision of Marian constantly in my head. Talking to me. Sometimes it was good other times it was really bad. Reminding me of my mistakes." He said.  "You need to embrace your situation and how your life is now before you can move on. Mend your heart and carry on."

"I got physical with her, Harry," he admitted. He was so ashamed of it. And he had slapped Perrie. "I physically put my hands on her."

"I know you didn't mean it. I can see the remorse written all over your face. At least didn't commit murder" He smirked.  "I killed the vision of Louis in my head." 

"I shoved her against a wall Harry!" He said standing up so fast he knocked the stool over. "What kind of a husband does that to his wife?" He began to pace. "I don't know what's worse, her cheating or what I did to her."  He berated himself.  "How did you do it?" He asked. "How do you put the face of one of your best friends screwing around with your wife out of your mind?"

"By slicing their heads off with a butcher knife, stabbing them in the chest helps as well," Harry chuckled.  "I had to accept the faults in myself that led to the dissolution of my marriage. I had to accept that Marian was in love with someone else. I knew he would never be the one for her, that was my position." He said.  "Your situation is different from mine as your wife still loves you. Time heals all wounds, my friend. You need to focus on the good parts of your relationship, not the bad."  He gave his friend an empathetic look.  "Stop stressing about the things you can't change. Work on your temper" He noted.

 "Do you hate him?" Zayn asked.  "I've been letting my temper get the best of me lately it seems."

"At the time it happened I was furious. I felt like he stole her from me. I wanted to kill him, hence the murderous dreams." He said sympathetically.  "I felt he stole a part of me and my heart. I wanted to forget about the rest of the world and disappear."  He gave Zayn a small smile.  "I can safely say now I don't hate him. After Marian and Louis lost William it crushed them both. That is something they are both still struggling to overcome. Plus Louis gave her back to me, told me I was the better man for her. I could never hate him."